• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD Simplistic Mosfet HV Shunt (The Simpler Simplistic Design by Salas)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Not attached.:) But if you are talking about a UL KT88 SE amp that I have seen discussed in the forum sometimes, then do your experiments, but the SSHV has not been used on heavier things than phones tube amps, and I am afraid you are pushing the envelope. Power amp OPTs, UL, heavy primary inductances, 390V, heavy current swing, a brave man.:worship: But it can simply be not applicable in the end, and save it for something else. Good luck, let us know.

P.S. Maybe the current went trough LEDs and drain to gate fast before the RC time could bias up the cap, and skipped war.

The heatsink is supposed to be 100 W, I applied first to a resistor, managed to adjust the voltage and everything was OK. Then I tried with the amp, but I did not pre-heat the filaments, so I guess that at startup there was no load. Voltage raised and first BUM (I guess the led) then smoke. From what I see R1 and R2 are gone and one of the leds. I suppose that also the semiconductors will not be so happy. What would you unsolder first, to check if they are fried ?

D.

Would a tube rectifier like the 5AR4 be best in that it ramps up slowly giving the tubes a chance to warm up?

I'm planning on a similiar application to a SE OPT but is is much lower current (20mA load.)

PCB Group buy, round 2. Please Update the list yourselves when you type:

Note
1Pcb have: 2 SSHV + 2 filament!

1. kstlfido = 2 pcb
2. Sorr = 1 1/2 pcb
3. ksnider1 = 2 pcb
4. fredlock = 1 pcb
5. pinholer = 1 pcb
6. j45yip = 1 pcb
7. Skylar = 1 pcb
8. DIYspaceW = 1pcb
9. neskor = 1 pcb

Note

1. kstlfido = 2 pcb
2. Sorr = 1 1/2 pcb
3. ksnider1 = 2 pcb
4. fredlock = 1 pcb
5. pinholer = 1 pcb
6. j45yip = 1 pcb
7. Skylar = 1 pcb
8. DIYspaceW = 1pcb
9. neskor = 1 pcb
10. damohpi = 2 pcb

Note

1. kstlfido = 2 pcb
2. Sorr = 1 1/2 pcb
3. ksnider1 = 2 pcb
4. fredlock = 1 pcb
5. pinholer = 1 pcb
6. j45yip = 1 pcb
7. Skylar = 1 pcb
8. DIYspaceW = 1pcb
9. neskor = 1 pcb
10. damohpi = 2 pcb
11. mach1 = 2 pcb

Note

1. kstlfido = 2 pcb
2. Sorr = 1 1/2 pcb
3. ksnider1 = 2 pcb
4. fredlock = 1 pcb
5. pinholer = 1 pcb
6. j45yip = 1 pcb
7. Skylar = 1 pcb
8. DIYspaceW = 1pcb
9. neskor = 1 pcb
10. damohpi = 2 pcb
11. mach1 = 2 pcb
12. Quark = 2 pcb

Note

1. kstlfido = 2 pcb
2. Sorr = 1 1/2 pcb
3. ksnider1 = 2 pcb
4. fredlock = 1 pcb
5. pinholer = 1 pcb
6. j45yip = 1 pcb
7. Skylar = 1 pcb
8. DIYspaceW = 1pcb
9. neskor = 1 pcb
10. damohpi = 2 pcb
11. mach1 = 2 pcb
12. Quark = 2 pcb
13. wendell c = 1pcb

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The pin order is different. The characteristics look compatible. Beyond that, nobody have used it, nobody knows more. Its a candidate Jacob says.:D

P.S. Nikon1975 have used NEC 2SA1626 as 400V PNP which is pin order compatible to MJE350. It worked. But you can carefuly twist pins if you get something else to test. Its a matter of easy access to parts foremostly.

Attachments

• Salas-and-HQ-DHT.jpg
    Salas-and-HQ-DHT.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 468
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.