• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
up update Salas shunt for CS8417 AND 74HC04

Hi all! Many recommended about the supply for CS and 74hc

yesterday I had test again about the Salas shunt for Cs8414 and 74HC04.
I show 5 x Tl431 spent many mA, so about 20 mA- one Tl 431, So i fix for Salas more mA, it is better for Dac,
last I use R13 = 27R, now you update R13 = 7-10R, and heasick for Irfp 9240 (Q13).
I'm sorry all very much.
Quanghao

Please

Attachments

• Sala-shunt-for-DAC-update.jpg
    Sala-shunt-for-DAC-update.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 657
Agreed, thats the best way with it. I use 2 x 27r now and it's great.
I'm waiting on my cs8414 and i'm ready to try it. The voltages are great elsewhere for me now, looks very clean on my scope. The heater supply works great with 2.2r (i used 2 x 2.2R 10W) i really extended them out of the board (the same height as the heatsink). They get hot, but they're rated to 10w, so shouldn't be a problem.

I get no relay chattering, i'm using lt1085 with the 2k/1k bridged, giving ~600k on R11.

Thanks guys for all your help. I'll let you know my results when i can test it.

:)

I plan to not use the TL431 at all on the DAC End board and replace the 10R with a 22uH or 47uH inductance on the +5V digital part.

My question is: do I need to use the 0.1uF + 220uF filtering on the DAC End or not?
Isn't the filtering on the output of the Salas shunt and the local 47uF + 0.1uF on the DAC End more than enough for this job ?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I plan to not use the TL431 at all on the DAC End board and replace the 10R with a 22uH or 47uH inductance on the +5V digital part.

My question is: do I need to use the 0.1uF + 220uF filtering on the DAC End or not?
Isn't the filtering on the output of the Salas shunt and the local 47uF + 0.1uF on the DAC End more than enough for this job ?

Thanks!

IF you do not use TL43, keep 10R for CS8414 and 74HC04, it is better, no need 220uF and 0.1uf.
That is ok!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.