• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Quanghao,

For the I/V stage are C1,C7, No need ( yes Sir)

C1 and C7 are the Jensen 47+47uF 450V on the HV P/S board. Correct?

R30,R31,R32,R33 need for this project!

What is the correct value for R30,R31,R32,R33?
Schematic says 470K ???
PCB says 2K ???
You have soldered 2K on your board. Is it correct?

It seems that the resistors are taken care of by the 200 ohm resistors on DAC board.

I don't understand that. Please clarify.

No after R 200 Ohm, we are have one filter ( chock and C 0.01 + R 1 K)

Where is R 1 K ???

In the Salas shunt Part List: first line 220K 1/4W x 4. Where are they? I can't find them.
R14 Salas shunt schematic should be 220R or 470R?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello Quanghao,

Schematic says 470K ???
PCB says 2K ???

Where is R 1 K ???

In the Salas shunt Part List: first line 220K 1/4W x 4. Where are they? I can't find them.
R14 Salas shunt schematic should be 220R or 470R?

Thanks

I see it's all about language barrier from Quanghao...

Hello Quanghao,

Schematic says 470K ???
PCB says 2K ???

Hi You can see the circuit diagram is! On standard PC is worth!

I will tell Andrea updat the circuit in the web, you easy to follow

Attachments

• IV stage for Cricuit.jpg
    IV stage for Cricuit.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 475
  • Sala shunt for DAC.jpg
    Sala shunt for DAC.jpg
    561 KB · Views: 442
you need a "Google account" for accsess. I wish not to acquire an account.... is there anyother way to post it??

Thanks

JD

I have do some amendment to Quanghao BOM file. I just follow the figure on PCB photo post by quanghao and schematic by Andrea ciuffoli, I hope it might help some of us to finish the project much easy. Any mistake please let me i will amend it again. Thanks.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al7rXbJqa1XLdE5xdEl6cHVadnlYeWEySEE4dzlrRVE&hl=en

I have do some amendment to Quanghao BOM file. I just follow the figure on PCB photo post by quanghao and schematic by Andrea ciuffoli, I hope it might help some of us to finish the project much easy. Any mistake please let me i will amend it again. Thanks.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al7rXbJqa1XLdE5xdEl6cHVadnlYeWEySEE4dzlrRVE&hl=en
Thank you for posting this. I believe it matches what I have just finished compiling except for R34 on the IV board.The schematic shows a 10R resistor. (New ???)

I am assuming that R30-R33 (2k) are needed when used with the DAC END 2. If I am wrong would someone please correct me.

Thanks

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this. I believe it matches what I have just finished compiling except for R34 on the IV board.The schematic shows a 10R resistor. (New ???)

I am assuming that R30-R33 (2k) are needed when used with the DAC END 2. If I am wrong would someone please correct me.

Thanks

I didn't see any R34 on IV board or 10R on IV schematic, can you specify it location?
It seen correct because the R30-R33 in schematic post by quanghao at #426 and on PCB both show 2K.

I see you used the output inductors whereas andrea did not. any reason?

IMO output chokes on the I/V stage, tybe and brand output capacitors on the tubes, PIO, WIMA Clarity whatever.. are all options available on this good project. It's up to the individual's taste to use the choke or not and the type of tube output capacitors.
At this point of the project you choose what is suitable to your own taste. Try, if you don't like it, change it.
IMO for example I would never put bad polyester cap in parallel with good electrolytic cap (Rifa+++, Silmic++) in series with the cathode of the tube. If someone wants I think it should be MKP. I just leave the elecrolytic alone.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.