OLD Stoner Rock

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You guys are bringing back memories, and you’re reading my album list too! How do you do that?

A quick story: On a rather desolate stretch of barrier island not far from my former house sits a grisly little beachfront inn which hosts local bands and regional "has-beens" on the outdoor terrace, not visible from Highway A1A, but certainly within hearing range, if not downright loud. One Saturday afternoon I was riding my bike down the bike path alongside the road and I could hear a local band warming up on the terrace. They were bashing through a cover of “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida”. It brought a smile to my face – yet another group of kids playing that worn-out old tune. Easy to play, and something a group of kids can manage without a ton of talent. They were doing a passable job, I thought, but the timing and intonation was slightly, if forgivably, off. I rode on. About 30 minutes later when I returned from the other direction, I saw that a large banner had been placed over the inn’s entrance. It shouted: “Playing Tonight: Iron Butterfly…” A bit humbled, I rode on with another smile on my face.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Well, if I can't have Ultravox, then it has to be The Dukes of Stratosphear... :)

Attachments

• dukes1987b.jpg
    dukes1987b.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 367
SY said:

well I didn't say good stoner rock ;-)... guy in the dorm room next to us in '68 palyed that c*#p ALL NITE LONG... on a really crappy dual turntable / Lafayette setup with blown rat shack speakers... you can imagine...

then there was the drug dealer in the next door apt. who dealt all nite long whilst playing "Real Mother For Ya" in '73 with what must have been 30" EV woofers loud enough that my doors rattled...

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/1009783/a/Real+Mother+For+Ya.htm

ahh the college days.... ;)

auplater

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.