• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Ok SY...You Win

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SY said:
I'll be in Austria this week, so send it there. Those people make some excellent wine, but their beer is quite mediocre.

VA is a nice insurance policy. I know for sure that if I'm reading it on an airplane, there's no way I'm hooking up with a girl on that flight.

I beg to differ as even the large producer Stiegl makes an excellent beer with it's Goldbräu.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

On the topic of this thread: I am quite new to this hobby, having only been in DIY for about 2 1/2 years tops, and half that for tubes. I find myself, as I am reading through the chapters, saying, "so that is why that is...." or "so that is what they are talking about...." quite regularly. Its easily the best audio DIY/electronics book of any sorts I have bought.

RE Austrian Beers: Edelweiss is from Austria no? That is good beer, especially their dunkelweiss. Erdinger dark is one of my all time favorite beers, which I believe is also made is Austria. I think my trip to Salzburg was some of the best beer drinking I ever had.

Chris,

Waterloo dark is 5.5% That knocks it out.

There are a number of cottage brewers in Canada making very high quality products. Spring Brewery in BC's Okanagan is up there with the best.

Sleeman's in Ontario has some OK stuff too. They happen to own Spring Brewery but thankfully changed nothing when they bought them.

Oops, I guess we're a wee off topic.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Cal,
My label (in front of me) says 5% even. So I'm calling you a liar for 1/2 % . ;) (not really) Is it still in, or are we going to call it a malt liquor even though the label calls it beer?

Either way, it's not bad, nor are some of the beers out your end of town (thank goodness!).

Besides, a good beer is always worth discussing! :D

-Chris

Hi Chris,

anatech said:
Hi Geek,

I don't know about that. Have you tried Waterloo Dark? It's not bad, and it's Canadian.

I meant that if they aren't allowed more than 3.2%, the lowest % I've seen a Canadian beer is 4.

Yeah, there are some Canuck beers I love. Black Widow microbrew is great. Though some give me a shooting headache (like Rickard's Red).

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Geek, Cal,
In my mind, anything that is less than 4% isn't beer. :D I think we went all the way up to 6.5 % didn't we?

Geek, Rickard's Red gives you a headache? Another good beer. I'm sorry to hear that. How about Waterloo Dark?

Hey poobah,
OK...eh... buy Morgan Jones books and drink beer and don't go to Utah.
You know you can't read (study) or work whilst drinking beer or bitters don't you? Spilling beer on Morgan's books is taboo. Coffee is okay.

I prefer Vodka concoctions anyhow. Or Drambui. ;) I must admit that on a hot summer's day, a beer is hard to beat.

-Chris

SY said:

Much worse. Utah. Six longest years of my life.

I'm right there with ya' SY.

I hit a deer in Zion National Park while travelling with two of Tracey's friends visiting from Australia. Utah is not a happy place to be stranded for a week with beer loving Australians.

I love the desert country though. One of my favourite scenic areas in the world.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi SY,
Where have I heard that before? Hmmmm, let me see ..... Wine! That's it, it was red wine!

Geek, try it. That seemed to help my wife with her issues with some red wines. Only problem is that antihistamines knock her out too. Mix it with wine and good night Anita!

-Chris

anatech said:
Hi Geek,
You've named a number of good dark beer brands. English Bitters do the same thing to you?

You may be allergic to something common to this type of beer. SY may have some insight on that.

-Chris

The only overseas beer that does this to me is Heineken.

SY said:
Try taking an antihistamine, then drinking the headache-inducing beer.

Will do! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.