Official M2 schematic

ZM,

I take a quick look on the top plate, I can put 1/4" standoff to get better ventilation but the bottom plate as part of the structural, spacers going to weaken the whole enclosure. May be drill more holes on both top and bottom plates. I don't like slot because I don't have CNC mill. If by handheld power tool that will need a complicated jig to accomplish. Let me think about to see that what I can come up with a simple way to make a fixture that can tackle the slots.

ZM advice taken

5/16"-24 nuts were installed last night as suggested by ZM. There are 7mm gap create between the top and bottom plates. I fired up the amp this morning with one temp probe attached to the fin of the heatsink the other air temp probe placed inside the enclosure to monitoring the temperature. The temperature rise to 52-53C, inside temp up to 40C after 3 hours of idling. I feel more comfortable while listen to music without the concern for the temperature.

Thank you ZM!

Attachments

• 7mm_gap.JPG
    7mm_gap.JPG
    358.9 KB · Views: 520
  • StartUp_Temp.JPG
    StartUp_Temp.JPG
    458 KB · Views: 523
  • 2_hours.JPG
    2_hours.JPG
    504.3 KB · Views: 504
  • 3_hours.JPG
    3_hours.JPG
    490.1 KB · Views: 491
I have limited space for a amp, so I wonder if the 3U, 300 or 400 mm Mini Disipante would be big enough to handle the heat from the M2? If so, I could put the power supply in a sepparate enclouser and stack them. I've searched this forum, and the Modushop homepage, but can't find any comments or answers, so I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks!
//Ronny

Thanks Zen Mod!
I haven't decided anything yet, just considering possibilities. Mono blocks is definitly a possible way to go! I have a pair of 24V/500VA toroids lying around. I know the voltage is to high, but if i could some how use those it would be a bonus. Otherwise I'll get a pair of 2x18V.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
explained somewhere in start of the thread ...........where I also wrote that it gave me a headache to decipher it

they're here to clamp driving node to rails , in case some idiot is feeding amp with gargantuan signal

so , just imagine input signal of 12Vpp .......

also - try to search forum for my (amateurish) try of explaining biasing mechanismus

I understand how it works "biasing mechanismus", actually using Q5, but the Q5 to be nearly saturated then you have the voltage on the resistors R14 and R15 to be quite large - such a voltage is understandable especially to strictly follows operation in Class A of IRFP's. Great problems of this circuit is that, I think, at power supply up, until it automatically adjusts the bias of Q5, might as transistors IRFP bear a considerable shock current (in the situation when power load is connected to output).
Use of that transformer in reaction circuit and VAS, It reminds me of some old amp schematics of the 70's. I would not really agree with this complication because it has several disadvantages compared to using an present VAS.