Official M2 schematic

Thanks for explaining in more detail, Steef & Mark.

Being a relative newbie in DIY audio and not an EE (although I know Ohm's law), it makes sense now. This will be my first build with a transformer "inside" the circuit.

PS I've built B1 (p2p) and ACA (own PCB) so far, but no transformers in those, and everything worked first time. So, I'm adding knowledge at a fast rate. :lickface:

Joined 2016
Paid Member
I learned the most working on the things that didn't work first time ... :D

Although, in a former life, I had been a physicist ... The most challenging experiments for us always were those that worked the first time, and then it took you half a year (or ... sometimes longer) to make it work again a second time, and we had a hard time to explain what was going on ... :p

Best regards,
Claas

I've said it before but I really like this amp.

Yesterday evening I was working on the computer while listening to music on it and when I was done I just sat there and continued to listen. It isn't even really a comfortable chair and I had a dozen things elsewhere I needed to do but I just couldn't bring myself to turn it off.
Sometimes life is just good.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Hi everyone, I'm getting rid of the last of my inventory of "M2x" PCBoards over in this thread, in case anyone might be interested.

M2x is a Pass Labs M2 amplifier, with the Toshiba JFET "front end input buffer" circuitry located on a daughter card. Builders can stuff and solder Toshiba JFETs (or the Linear Systems equivalents) and get a regular, stock M2. In addition, M2x also includes four other daughter cards with four other front end input buffer circuit designs, which all use current production parts that you can buy today from Mouser, Element14, etc. Completely the builder's choice. Since the daughter cards are field swappable, build more than one.

<end of interruption> :eek:

I used the search function, but did not find the info.

If one was to substitute the lm385 for another 1.2V voltage reference, for whatever reason, the best sounding is "I had it in my drawer" vs. "I want to use fancy parts".... is the choice between a shunt regulated or series voltage reference of any importance... thinking like LT1005 (,) not sure about the parts ref.

Thanks,

Max

Attachments

• boitier-diy-100-aluminium-ventile-avec-dissipateurs-396x360x195mm (1).jpg
    boitier-diy-100-aluminium-ventile-avec-dissipateurs-396x360x195mm (1).jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 616
Affordable Elna Silmic II polarised 10 uF is recommended. You can bypass this with some 1 uF MKP or MKC for example.
Imho better spend money on the good choke filtered psu or high quality psu capacitors.
Small cost nice sound upgrade is a change R13, R14 0.47R source resitors to Vishay | Mills.
Actually new product in stock Diyers can buy from Mouser for 2.79 US$ cheaper if compare to Audiophile boutiques prices: https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/427/mra-1152852.pdf

MRA-05R4700FE12 Vishay / Mills | Mouser
Have a nice Sunday :)

Attachments

• 3ABDB0B8-5D75-410D-9E0E-EDA85CE2D70B.GIF
    3ABDB0B8-5D75-410D-9E0E-EDA85CE2D70B.GIF
    5.1 KB · Views: 522