Official M2 schematic

I finally finished my M2 and it spent a while in the computer room where the sound grew on me more and more. I built a B1 buffer and have it connected to it now. Currently the M2 has pushed my SET tube amp off the shelf in our main room. I did it just as a test to see how I liked it there and I almost hate to admit it but I think I may like the sound from the M2 more. There is just something about the detailed sound from it. I find myself turning the TV off and the music on more and more often.

Well, what more can you ask for ?

:D

:)

I am crazy pleased with the way it sounds. I even love the way it sounds like the audio is fighting its way through as it warms up. A bit like it is ripping a hole in space time to where the music is being performed.

Thanks to all that supplied pieces and those that helped along the way and especially to Mr. Pass for making the design available.

Of course there is always the dilemma of what to build next...

Last edited:
I used a mail-forwarding service in the US to get an Edcor and a couple of Cinemags. By the time you're done paying postage, VAT, etc., you might as well order from Don Audio.

(While I haven't bought any transformers from them, I have bought DakaWare knobs and other bits and pieces from them, and am a happy customer.)

I used a mail-forwarding service in the US to get an Edcor and a couple of Cinemags. By the time you're done paying postage, VAT, etc., you might as well order from Don Audio.

(While I haven't bought any transformers from them, I have bought DakaWare knobs and other bits and pieces from them, and am a happy customer.)

Don't they sell directly to EU? With plain post, it usually just passes through customs, unless the package is big enough to get their attention

I have a Jensen JT-123-BMCF left over from a bass guitar DI box project that went in another direction. I’m thinking that it would work in the M2 hooked up in autoformer mode. It might even provide more headroom and give better distortion figures than the JT-112.

Has anyone tried this transformer or any of the other 123’s? Comments?

Thanks.