• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Official GB for DSD DAC Signalyst DSCv2

I would like to order DSC 2.6.2. with chinese Transformers for 245.00 USD , is there any problem with this board down the road soldering different RCA's on later if I decide to change them out?
Is it possible to order the DSC 2.5.2 too - later down the road once i get a good understanding of dacs and all you guys are working on? Thank You , Dean

Yes, pls PM to Alexey Galkin (HiddenPilot here). He is responsible for production and shipment. Just ask him to do all you need.

Vit,
HQPlayer on my machine Windows 10x64 is strange happening that are all settings parameters at defaults and auto, such sampling rate, filter, dither etc... . I tried to setting to other parameters but it still showing at defaults and auto. I tried to reinstall it but still get the same results. Parameters bar are showed default and auto at gray color, unable to change it. Any advise.
Thanks

Hi Vit,

I tried other solutions, such as RPi2 using Signalyst NAA 3.52x and my i5 laptop (using battery power only) and also running the x86_64 version of Sygnalyst NAA 3.54x image.

With these, both show up under HQ Player in IPv4 and IPv6.

I setup my HQ Player on Windows 2016 dedicated server but also installed on a windows 10 computer for diagnostics. I'm getting terrible stutter with both NAA. I know RPi2 is weak but my HP Core i5 has plenty of juice for NAA. So I turned to the HQ Player server (set windows to optimize application and not process and vice versa). HQ Player is set to use multicore DSP, don't have CUDA GPU in it. It is also using the same settings as yours. I'm using DSD 256, your settings are proper for this or optimized for 512?

When playing a PCM 44.1 file that is converted to DSD256 by HQ Player, I see 75% CPU utilization max (global all cores) and going down and up. But it stutters like crazy. Keep in ming that this is using my AK4490 DAC for now. I'm still working on the DSC 2.5.2 for now.

Any hints you may have?

Thanks
Do

1. Dont use poly-sinc-xtr filter at all, it's very computational power hungry. Start with poly-sinc-shrt-2s - it will work w/o slutter/drops. Then try other filters. Choose best sounding for you.
2. After experimenting with DSD256 you may try DSD512.

"Sawtooth" CPU load is ok for poly-sinc-xtr filter.

Last edited:
my dsc 2.6.2 is working.

Attachments

• IMG_20180706_154729.jpg
    IMG_20180706_154729.jpg
    1,014.3 KB · Views: 782
Do, my BBB is rev C. I think all will be Ok with all revisions.
Since rev C has 4GB eMMc (instead of 2GB), I'd recommend to use SD with older revisions.

Ok cool!

I'm thinking of getting a Nvidia Quadro P400 for my server just so I can offload to CUDA. It is not too expensive and should help..? Unless not enough Cuda cores in it...

Thanks
Do