• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Official GB for DSD DAC Signalyst DSCv2

Hi, Dominic.
I attached my HQP settings. It may be not network related issue.

When you select Backend NAA, do you see any Device in a couple seconds?

At NAA computer:
1. Connect Amanero/XMOS to NAA computer.
2. Check, that networkaudiod (NAA daemon) is running (using htop command, then search for networkaudiod). It should be with Nice minus 10 (it's Ok), in other case - run it manually.
3. Type aplay -l command. You will see you current audio device. It should be your USB interface (it's Ok)
4. Check kernel version uname -r. Most likely you will see < 4.11 version. Only kernels > 4.12 (as I remember) support Amanero DSD Native w/o patches (Debian kernels does not include patch). So you need to install newer kernel, than reboot.

I'd recommend to try Jussi Laako rt kernel for Stretch
Index of /src/stretch/

As for BBB, it does not work stable at >=DSD256 with USB interfaces. Only with using Botic driver/kernel from Miero and i2S output. But installation Botic at Debian Stretch is quite tricky. I've asked for a help in Botic thread and got some advices. Hope to make an SD card image for easy installation to BBB's eMMC.

Attachments

• HQP.jpg
    HQP.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 527
Last edited:
Early this morning I installed a copy of DietPi x86-64 on my computer, from the menu added Roon Bridge (in case I want to switch between Roon and HQP) and then installed the latest deb package for NAA. Htop shows the process running nicely after reboot and a -10. Now I need to connect my DAC to it and test.

There was also Snakeoil OS which seems to be really nice and using RT. It was compiled for this type of use as well, so slim down version of debian. I might also try this one later on.

Thanks
Do

Can't seem to find any NAA in HQPlayer... That I choose IPV4 or IPV6 my NAA devices don't show up. NAA are installed under Linux and tested under three Linux Distros but not working... I've installed HQPlayer on my Windows 2016 and Windows 10 computers and same results.

Last I tried is HQP NAA on SnakeOil OS (the author is very good with support).

DAC is showing up in NAA

The only thing I'm thinking is the IPV6 stack not enabled under linux...

Any thoughts?

Do

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi all,

... a question out of curiosity ... With the DSC V2s - are any of you able to stream music from e.g. youtube or a internet based music service and then play it back via the DSC 2? Or do you only play back music files that are already on your PC/other storage media?

I haven't heard that this should be possible but out of curiosity .. .

Cheers,

Jesper

Vit123,
If you have any progress of BBB --McFiFo ----McDualXO --- DSC2.5 connection. Please share. Now I ordered McFiFo and McDualXo board for it.
Ок. Till the end of the week I'll post:
- how to install on eMMc and configure Debian Stretch + Botic kernel. And give a link to SD image for easy installation.
- gerbers for PCB
- wiring instruction. In BBB-McFIFO wiring can be used Dupont male to female cables. For McDualXO, uFL single ended (terminated from one side only) cables are needded. It's the easiest way, nothing else is needed for connecting BBB - reclocker - DSC (only soldering unterminated side of uFL cable to DSC input).

The only "problem" left is a very small click at the beginning of play. I can not remove it even with DSD_ON + MUTE. I'll try to configure MUTE delay settings in Botic.

Don't forget to order
1. good clocks (45.1584 MHz + 49.1520 MHz see manusl for McDualFIFO). The stock ones are for test purposes only.
2. Anti-vibration grommet (767KE-ND or similar) vibtation isolation between FIFO and DualXO boards.
3. Wiring cables of your choice.

Last edited:
Hi all,

... a question out of curiosity ... With the DSC V2s - are any of you able to stream music from e.g. youtube or a internet based music service and then play it back via the DSC 2? Or do you only play back music files that are already on your PC/other storage media?
Jesper
Jesper, I'am using HQP + Roon and can stream Tidal to DSC. With HQP Embedded you can get more option (any stream).

Vit,

Please advise ,where I can buy for 3 items per you mentioned?

Thank you
1. Mouser/Digikey - CCHD-957 clocks
2. Mouser/Digikey/iancnada - 767KE-ND
3. Mouser/Digikey/iancnada - uFl cables. You can buy fully terminated and cut them. Iancanada has good price, as I remember. Just think about the cable length. Min 5 pieces, 10 cm (DSD CLK, Data Left, Data Right, Mute, DSD_ON) for McDualXO and DSC connection.

Last edited:
I'm using SnakeOil OS with NAA 3.51... But I also tried it with DietPi and NAA 3.54... Same results

I'm wondering if HQP is ok with IPv6 link local addresses (fe80::), those obtained automatically without an IPv6 DHCP server? Or do I have to create an IPv6 server for this?

I can seem to ping between all my hosts in IPv6 link local...

Do

HQP is ok with IPv6 and Jussi the author actually recommends IPv6.

Take a look at both HQP and NAA logs to see if the devices are seeing each other at the application level. HQP uses multicast to communicate with NAA so if you have multiple interfaces on the HQP server make sure that the multicast routing is set for the correct interface. Other thing to check is if you have multiple NAA the names are set to default, which make it difficult to find the correct one. I rename my NAA so they are easy to find and use. If you are using IPv6 make sure that both devices are running IPv6 and when you select Network Audio select IPv6. It might also be worth it to check IPv4 connectivity.

You might also try posting your information on Computer Audiophile site under the long NAA thread.

Hi Vit , Thanks for answering my newbie questions back on page 25 .
I would like to order DSC 2.6.2. with chinese Transformers for 245.00 USD , is there any problem with this board down the road soldering different RCA's on later if I decide to change them out?
I definitely want the best sound quality in my amplifiers , preamps etc and do mod them ... But I am going to need to read the thread a few times to understand all the initials , BBB , McFIFO , NAA, BRIDGE, Rhea, dam, Hermes, cronus, Crystek ....etc =)
Is it possible to order the DSC 2.5.2 too - later down the road once i get a good understanding of dacs and all you guys are working on? Thank You , Dean