• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 amp parts GB, EU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd like 1 kit please.
- all standard components
- no AC adapter
- no enclosure

And the following extra items from Mouser please (quantity, description, Mouser part number):
- 1, P Ch MOSFET Fairchild, 512-FQU17P06TU
- 1, N Ch MOSFET Fairchild, 512-FQPF10N20C
- 2, High Efficiency Red Right Angle LED Indicator, 638-MV5764.MP4B
- 2, Dual High Current Audio Op Amp DIP8 NJM4556AD, 513-NJM4556AD
- 1, Dual Low Noise Audio Op Amp DIP8 NJM2068D, 513-NJM2068D
- 1, Dual Channel Comparator DIP8 NJM2903D, 513-NJM2903D
- 1, Potentiometer Flat 15mm 10k Alps, RK09712200MC
- 1, Female RCA Jack Gold Red Insulator, 568-NYS367-2
- 1, Female RCA Jack Gold White Insulator, 568-NYS367-9
- 10, BD140-16 Fairchild, 512-BD14016S
- 10, BD139-16 Fairchild, 512-BD13916S

Is it possible to receive twice the quantity of each resistor value in the kit (eg. 4x 1ohm --> 8x 1ohm)?

Thanks!

I don't have a supply for the Eneloops and they're not available at the vendors for this GB.
But you can find them on Amazon or in a local electronics store, if they carry quality products...

Oh, I would love to, but that's the problem you see. Quality shops are few and far between, and Amazon won't ship an item as long as there's an iota of electronics in it, let alone batteries, to this part of the world.
But no worry, Ebay will suffice.

Thanks for the reply. My preference is one block and one colour - blue, red, gold, green, silver in that order. If there are stock problems I am easy and will take whatever is available. Many thanks for your hard work!

@rogerramjet: Noted.
However, given the limited availability of some colored enclosures, would black or silver instead of blue be acceptable if blue is unavailable?
(Also note, there is no quantity discount on blue.)

@abx:
If you'd like extra resistors, would you mind putting the extra quantity into a post in this thread? Just like the other extra parts you listed...
That way, when I make the final spreadsheet that everybody can check before sending money, I only have quickly go over the posts in this thread.
As opposed to acutally read every single post and computing the contents...

It would save me time somewhere down the road.

@Limp:
If you'd need me to, I can order your Eneloops aswell.
But be aware you need fourteen for the O2 (2x7), they come in 4-packs and cost ~13 to 15€/4 cells.
-> 1 set of O2-Eneloops is 50 to 60€... more expensive than the amp itself.

Total is now 56 kits, 32 enclosures and 20 transformers.

If you compare the regular Eneloops to the other cells, the 2000mAh AA's usually cost 1,5€/cell to 2€/cell.
The difference is not that dramatic, neither in performance, nor in cost.

With the 2500mAh Eneloop XX's, its a different deal.
A typical case of paying for the performance, the name, the bling-bling and then a little more to keep shareholders happy...

@Limp:
If you'd need me to, I can order your Eneloops aswell.
But be aware you need fourteen for the O2 (2x7), they come in 4-packs and cost ~13 to 15€/4 cells.
-> 1 set of O2-Eneloops is 50 to 60€... more expensive than the amp itself.

Total is now 56 kits, 32 enclosures and 20 transformers.

I think I'll try my luck with Ebay, but thanks for the offer.

I've been meaning to ask.
Earlier on in a different part of the internet there were some discussion about sockets for the gain resistors in the O2, to make it easier for the user to find the optimum gain settings for their particular situation.
Are these sockets part of the kit, and if not have there been found parts that would fit this job?
This is of course just yet another 'luxury', but as long as convenience is cheap I'm all for it.

Not sure if you guys have noticed it, but if you pick the Mosfets pair as listed in the pink colored column in the BOM then you will get one IPAK package (512-FQU17P06TU) and one T-220 package (512-FQPF10N20C). Technically no problem, it will work just fine!

But if you want to have both P/N channel in T-220 package, then take a look at the notes of the BOM for alternative part (512-FQPF11P06, 512-FQPF15P12).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.