• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 amp parts GB, EU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Considering that absolutely nobody opposed the plug, I (we) will go with a version that has a plug.

I have also been informed of a cheaper option.
It would be a power adapter with adjustable voltage.
But it has two disadvantages: absolutely unprotected against water/liquids, 5mm (not 5,5mm) plug on the secondary side.
It would cost slightly more than 10€, probably 11 or 12€ including all costs.
Another thing to consider is the weight: This unit weighs almost 900g. That would put a considerable number of people in a more expensive shipping category, negating the price advantage.
Overall, I personally prefer the option Timpert has found, as it seems more reliable and I'm not looking to burn my upcoming O2's.

Regards,
Jokener

P.S.: Sorry to be so slow to respond these days, I am sick (feaver above 40°C...) and didn't want to write this while hallucinating, so I had to find someone to type for me. ^^
I should be back up and running in full effect by Sunday.

Hi Timert and the rest,

I have not completely recovered yet, but I'm back up and walking around.
Almost everybody that has written in this thread about the transformers or contacted me via PM voted for the "timpert with plug"-option.
So I have just made the decision to go use these.

My proposal for how to proceed looks like this:
1. I would, in coordination with timpert of course, get a final quote on the transformers including delivery to Germany.
2. I will send everybody that ordered a transformer a request for the additional amount of money necessary.
I would kindly ask you to send the funds very soon, as this speeds up the entire process.
3. In coordination with timpert, I would contact the manufacturer and place the order.

(Timpert has offered to act as a local distributor for the transformers going to the Netherlands.
I'd think it would be easier if all of them come through me, as most people from the Netherlands would save money this way.
Additional cost for extra weight when shipping from Germany is lower than separate parcel in the Netherlands.)

4. As soon as the transformers are delivered, I can send out the orders.

Does that sound acceptable?

Regards,
Jokener

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.