nView ViewFrame Spectra C LCD Panel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There were two versions of the Nview Spectra C
one has 185k colors (usable but not great) and the other version had either 1.4 or 1.8 million colors (I have seen both specs on various sites). This version is really good.

Like wise there were also different inputs offered. The earlier version had VGA input ONLY. The newer version has VGA, Svideo, RCA inputs. Several have said that although theirs had all 3 inputs they have been unable to get anything but the VGA in to work. I personally have not had this problem.

One other thing.....Make sure you get the remote or you will wish ya did. I got one with mine but I know of several that did not. This is the only way I know of to switch between inputs.

Chris

viewframe spectra

I have a nview veiwframe spectra but can not get it to communicate with my laptop. I think it may be the vga cable but I can nto find one does anyone have a clue where to get one. I do have the manual for it if anyone needs some info. It is a pretty generic book.

ViewFrame Spectra

I have a used unit (model number not shown) and have connected it to my XP laptop (HP Presario 723us). When I toggle the display key (f 4), the laptop display will go blank and the projection screen works ok. I have been unable to get both of the displays to work at the same time. I have connected a lcd screen in place of the ViewFrame and can get both the laptop and lcd to display at the same time. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to get that performance with the ViewFrame? I would like to use PowerPoint and have the ability to select slides from my laptop. Thanks;)

Hi, I got a Spectra C off E-bay--one of the old ones that just has analog video and digital video in, no RCA or Svideo--and it only came with the Apple video cable. I got a PC to Apple video converter so I could connect my laptop to the panel. I can get my laptop to display on a regular lcd monitor, but not on the panel.

Laptop is running Vista, display set to 640x480, 60 Hz, 16 million colors.

Any idea what I should look at? The panel shows the nView logo, but never shows my laptop's screen.

Thanks in advance,
Sarah

some suggestions

a) is your laptop an Apple?
b) if not, why use the Apple cable plus the converter, would be much easier to use a cable from the nview to the ordinary laptop.
c) did it come with the remote? if so, does the green light at the from of the panel flicker when you push a button from the remote?

Jean-Pierre

My laptop is a pc. The cable that came with this particular nView is an old apple-type 15 pin connector, the 2-row style. Not the standard 15-pin 3-row vga connector. Both ends are this way, and the connector at the panel is also a 2-row 15-pin connector.

I don't have a cable that has 3-row 15-pin to 2-row 15-pin.

It did come with a remote, and the green light does flash when I press the remote.

-Sarah

Is the LCD display that works the Laptop display or an external display? If it is the laptop, maybe you need to switch the computer display to the mode where both displays are activated. Make certain your Vista is set up for external display.

Also, the instruction manual for my ViewFrame says the display resolution must be no greater than 640 by 480, 2,16,or 256 colors. Your 2 million colors may be outside the capability. I have used the 16 and 256 colors with success.

ok!

that's right.

I can take care of the cable, still have a few laying around.

i think that the Spectra automatically adjusts to wahtever you send it, limmited to its capacitiesd of course but it should work.

if upu are technically inclined you could check the cable you have with what earlier has been given out, namely the connectors that need to function.

Jean-Pierre

Uvodee/Jean-Pierre,

I'm sorry, I didn't get email telling me there were replies, so I thought nothing to see here!

I would be interested in getting a cable from you. I see you're not on ebay anymore... pm me?

I found the specs you gave, but I don't understand--is there cross-wiring, or is the wiring straight through (i.e. pin 1 on pc end goes to pin 1 on spectra end, pin 7 to pin 7, etc.)? The cable + adapter I have right now is not wired straight through. I haven't checked it completely, but it has at least wired pin 6 on pc side to pin 1 going into the Apple cable.

-Sarah

cable pin connectors

that 6 to one seems allright
When I get home i will check the specs again

pc OUT................... analog panel IN
db 15hd male .......... db 15 female
4 ------ none
5 ------ mone
9 ------ none
12 ----- none
15 ----- none
and ofcourse the ground to the metal outerpart

Yeah, mine does not match that.

I have:

pc OUT................... analog panel IN
db 15hd male .......... db 15 female

no others on the pc side are connected.

So it's not the right cable at all.

-Sarah

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.