nView ViewFrame Spectra C LCD Panel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've just purchased through eBay a Niew ViewFrame Spectra C
Lcd Panel. Does anyone have a users manual for this :confused:

Attachments

• i-1.jpg
    i-1.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 919
VFrame Spectra C

Hi, I pay homage to he who knows all things.....

My ViewFrame Spectra C has stopped working after being left alone and unloved for about a year in its case. It displays the NView logo and occasionally shows DOS when the computer is booting up but otherwise just ignores the VGA input. I have all the right leads, have tried two different computers and two different leads (it came with lots.) Any ideas? As a State school teacher I want to use this in class now but it is resisting me...

Many thanks

Jerry

Hi, can you guys help me out here a little?

I just got a nView ViewFrame Spectra C from a friend who also got it from a friend but didn't want it. So here I am almost clueless as to what it excetly is :) Figured out that its a projector, plugged it into my PC and everything.. finally got the projector to display what's on the monitor as well. But the display is very dark, hard to see. If i hold the projector up to the lights, I can see and almost read the texts on it as well. If i have it sitting on the desk, it looks as if the thing isn't even on. Question is... isn't this thing supposed to project out like any other projectors? I've got 4 projection lamps in the case but no idea where to put them... hmmm.. Sorta lost.. any help would be appreciated.

Projection panels are a lcd with a controller board built in, usually able to accept multiple signals. They are built to be placed on top of an overhead projector (the kind of thing used in schools) and the overhead projects what is on the lcd. What you have there isn't a projector as much as it is similar to a lcd monitor, both in laptops and as desktop screens. These are specially made to be projected with an overhead projector or using custom lighting and optics to project what is displayed on the panel. Unless you use an overhead or create your own projection box, it is pretty useless.

Read up on the forum here, you'll learn a lot.

Re: VFrame Spectra C

Jerrymjj said:

My ViewFrame Spectra C has stopped working. It displays the NView logo and occasionally shows DOS . I have all the right leads, have tried two different computers and two different leads (it came with lots.)Jerry

Seems an easy one.
What cable are you using from the out of your pc (please explain both ends of the cable you are using).
There are 2 IN and 1 OUT on the panel.
Which IN do you use?
What is the transformer you are using for the panel) How much Volt and how many amps)
Is it DC out? Are the poles correct?
These are just a few quesions to start with.

I am getting scared when you say that the thing came with LOTS OF LEADS (it should only have 2 imho).

We'll solve this in a fraction of time!

J-P

Hi and many thanks for taking the time and trouble to help. It is much appreciated.

I have tried all options I think. I go from VGA out on a computer to either the analog or digital inputs on the panel itself. They seem to be labelled "Video from computer" but there are no other inputs as far as I can see. I have also tried routing it through the video adapter box again going from VGA out on the computer, through the 15 pin female socket on the video adapter, out on a 14 pin vga plug and then into the panel on either the analog or video. I have tried both.

What I am trying to do is to use it as a computer projector but cannot get it to do much apart from project the manufacturer's screen.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Many thanks

Jerry

Hello, I’m from Portugal, i have one ViewFrame Spectra C whit this entries: 1 - VGA – (Digital and Analog), 2 – Y/C – (S-Video) and 3 – Composite.

When I plug thru the Composite, the image it’s very bad.

I try whit your squema, plug thru the VGA, and don’t worq.

<QUOTE>

SPECTRA C

pc OUT................... analog panel IN
db 15hd male .......... db 15 female
4 ------ none
5 ------ mone
9 ------ none
12 ----- none
15 ----- none
and ofcourse the ground to the metal outerpart
<QUOTE/>

My PC it’s 680x480, 60Hz, VGA mode.

Can someone, please, tell me watt to do?

pics from PC - TV/OUT to SPECTRA – Composit

Thank you very much for your time

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 373
Chet…that squema it’s WRONG !

The pinout for the DB15 Female it’s not like that…

My projector it’s working good, now I discover the pinout. ;)

pc OUT................... analog panel IN
db 15hd male .......... db 15 female
4 ------ none
5 ------ mone
9 ------ none
12 ----- none
15 ----- none
and ofcourse the ground to the metal outerpart

That's the good squema.

Read the number's in the DB15 Female...:smash:

Re: VFrame Spectra C

Jerrymjj said:
Hi, I pay homage to he who knows all things.....

My ViewFrame Spectra C has stopped working after being left alone and unloved for about a year in its case. It displays the NView logo and occasionally shows DOS when the computer is booting up but otherwise just ignores the VGA input. I have all the right leads, have tried two different computers and two different leads (it came with lots.) Any ideas? As a State school teacher I want to use this in class now but it is resisting me...

Many thanks

Jerry

Open it up and check for any leaking capacitors.
Electrolytic ones are known for that, particularly when an electronic device sits idle for a lengthy time.

:cannotbe:

wow, that is some terrible tv output. Is that the actual quality your pc puts out, or is that the panel?

I attached a pic of my Radeon 9000Pro videocard connected into my MSI TV@nywhere tv tuner card with svideo, and with DScaler software.

The screenshot is unedited. The only thing I did to it is compress it into JPG. I think the quality possible with tv out is great.

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 334
"I attached a pic of my Radeon 9000Pro videocard connected into my MSI TV@nywhere tv tuner card "

Thats a shot of tv out going into my Tv in. Its taken using the scaling software - DScaler. It shows the quality possible. I didnt just press print screen, if thats what you mean! Its not a camera photo, its a snapshot i took using software, but its not directly the desktop, its the desktop on tv out!

diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
Thats a shot of tv out going into my Tv in. Its taken using the scaling software - DScaler. It shows the quality possible. I didnt just press print screen, if thats what you mean! Its not a camera photo, its a snapshot i took using software, but its not directly the desktop, its the desktop on tv out!

KK, im kinda lost on what its got to do with anything thats all lol. If thats the desktop on tv out, i can garentee you that it wont look like that on a tv, especially if its old, tv's are crap, even for watching normal signal sources.

Trev:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.