Now Playing + What are you listening to?

Some of the best drinking was done sitting on the rocks at Cattle Point near Willows Beach

yup, on a clear day you can see 'murica from here

00_big.jpg

Some of the best drinking was done sitting on the rocks at Cattle Point near Willows Beach

yup, on a clear day you can see 'murica from here

00_big.jpg

Knocked back more than my fair share there over the years myself among other locations in and around the great island.. That is a really awesome pic! and damn I miss home!.. The Maritimes just do not compare no matter what anyone says about the east coast, not even by a long shot.. Nice pic! :cool:

yeah, I guess I like to brag about it: on a clear day the 360dg view from Mt Doug is stunning - you can see as far as Mt Rainier - and is a great test of steadiness when trying a iPhone camera panorama shot (I've failed miserably at any attempt past 90dg rotation)

but then, we don't have Lobsters, so ...

actually, I'm coming out of the closet here - I couldn't care less for lobster, king crab, or most shellfish for that matter -

yeah, I guess I like to brag about it: on a clear day the 360dg view from Mt Doug is stunning - you can see as far as Mt Rainier - and is a great test of steadiness when trying a iPhone camera panorama shot (I've failed miserably at any attempt past 90dg rotation)

but then, we don't have Lobsters, so ...

actually, I'm coming out of the closet here - I couldn't care less for lobster, king crab, or most shellfish for that matter -

I'm in the land of the lobster and don't eat any of it at all myself either. It's about the only perk I can gather to make sense for many around these parts too, but I'm s.o.l. lol

Anyhow one winter back in the early 2000's there was about 120' feet of snow the environmental weather people said was the accumulative amount during that season that fell on Mt.Baker, a record or close to it as far as I remember. I was working on new construction way up high in the back hills of Langford by a water tower on Dave's side of the Hwy/Loghouse pub side etc. It was the middle of summer and so hot you'd be slurping water like crazy throughout the day just to keep on going.. I will never forget this as long as I live or maintain any kind of memory.. It was so clear that you could see right across from my vantage point up on high where I was working, to all the surrounding mountain ranges afar. All of the mountains in view from as far and wide as I could see were devoid of snow, long since melted. And then there it was, so majestic and 3D like as Mt.Baker dominated the landscape like a huge solid white blob that stood out from everything around it, and it seemed so out of place in the heat. From top to bottom is was white with snow all summer long not revealing and rock coloring or anything but solid white. It was just bewildering in appearance and scale, and I can remember it like it was yesterday, which I suppose is a good sign for me as I get on in age lol..

White Room - Cream, Wheels of Fire

Who among us didn't hurt ourselves trying to perfect air guitar versions of both Eric and Bruce's extended solos on "Crossroads" and "Spoonful" or use "Toad" as an after closing hours demo track in the back room of a stereo shop. Yes, there was inhaling involved, and not by the asthmatics.