Now Playing + What are you listening to?

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Last edited:
I'm celebrating having yet another laptop to play with, my mainstay appears to have entered compute heaven unless some miracle is forthcoming; an interim unit was a goody except in the area of sound - had major issues. Now, a perhaps less ambitious unit, a HP, but it's showing good signs of having reasonable internal speaker sound - to explore, good old Kenrick will never let one down, and how about a brand that many people will look down on: Sansui, for speakers!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5-3XicyBsA

A nice example of how convincing sound comes across ...

It ain't new, Bob, a long way from that! Came with Vista, that gives you an idea, :). However, it's been upgraded to Windows 8.1, and this is the first time I've played with this OS - not bad, actually, there are some nice bits to it, and I don't mind the notorious default screen presentation, ;).

I'm not a can man at all, even the 'best' don't do it for me - but I am pleased the internal sound system is not too bad ... as usual, I immediately start playing with tweaking, and I note that when Wi-Fi is operational that it clobbers the sound quality. Not surprising, of course, but I wonder how many people explore these sort of factors - that's the sort of thing that makes all the difference ... ;)