Now Playing + What are you listening to?

I can't say enough good things about Peter Mulvey. His latest album is brilliant. And I just finished up two hours of recording him with my crossed ribbon Blumlein setup. It was fun to do playback right after the songs and hear how natural unmanipulated recordings can be. He was fascinated by the sound changes we could get with mike and seating position.

Attachments

• pm2.jpg
    pm2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 57
Our electronic keyboard playing MIDI, piano only pieces - some of the famous items, Moonlight Sonata, Fantasie Imprompt, Satie tidbits ... I'm in the process of setting up a very, very long playlist of this sort of stuff, so it could run all about day without repeating. There are fantastic people out there, who have gone to a lot of effort to create these little marvels, and they present extremely well.

I am impressed with how well the Yamaha, without any internal fiddling, does - I can have this running at realistic levels, the sound of the piano goes through the house - and be nearby, it's playing in the next room to the TV, and have no issues with following a program on the box at the same time ... hey, Maaa, we got ourselves a piano man to entertain us!! ... :D