Now Playing + What are you listening to?

MI0000487259.jpg

The Rock Album, The Rock Album: Out Now, from the library

On the PC speakers, at PA levels - this is the type of music which is excellent for shaking the cobwebs out of everything, conditioning the drivers and electronics ... from cold, at first the cymbals are thrashy white noise, steadily the quality of this builds and the drumming emerges better and better out of the mix; the sound gets bigger and bigger, all the layering and subtle detail begins to manifest - a fascinating journey, every time ...

Last night I was enjoying some Dire Straits!! Telegraph Road, Brothers in arms, etc. etc. Love those guys. Peace
A fellow member up the road who has spent a lot of time optimising, for CD playback, and had let his Linn LP12 languish for some time, finally kicked the vinyl back into life recently. He was enthusiastic about the potential there, and the first LP album I heard was that famous one. Did not work, pretty nondescript sound, the vitality and buzz of the album was completely missing - was the transfer to LP partly to blame?

It was Love Over Gold, actually - my mistake, :eek: ; standard issue, I believe. I heard this thing done to death, of course, in the glory days of CD happening - but it never fails to push my buttons, :).

To be fair, as he regularly pointed out, the vinyl setup had lots of cobwebs on it, the Linn needed major refurbishing, the rubbers, etc, wouldn't have been in the best shape. But, the top of the line Linn cartridge from back then was in it, and it definitely lifted its game after going through a few sides ... still it was, hmmm - I was pleased when we switched to CD playback ... ;)

I just listened to some vinyl...
Squeeze- Singles,.....45's and under
It's a collection of all their hits and best songs.

I actually have had this for a while but,I never realized what it was .
It was free gift with on of my e-bay purchases from a great seller.

I had forgotten all about this British band "Squeeze"from the late '70s-'80s and assume it was just a collection of singles from various obscure artists and never played it.....even though it was in NM shape.

Anyway, I finally decided to give it a listen and was pleasantly surprised and remembered this great band. :)
http://www.buzzfeed.com/verymuchso/squeezes-singles-45s-and-under-is-possibly-the-worlds-most-a

Last edited: