Now Playing + What are you listening to?

The Clash Tribute

Although not everybody's cup of tea (the tribute, not Clash), I found it quite enjoyable listening to old tunes in a new performance. "Should I Stay.." is definitely as weired as it gets, but to me one of the highlights of the album, right after "Straight to Hell'. If you got bored with Clash songs, this is a new material worth a try.

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 310
Joined 2003
Paid Member
A&M AMLH64849

John Cale: Honi Soit. (1981)
A homage to darkness and tormentation.
On of my absolute most preferred singer-songwriter-producer.
The Welshman gave us a very pure and raw piece of music that’s not outdated until today.
Numbers like Dead or Alive, the gives_me_the_shivers_Strange Times in Casablanca and Russian Roulette
still make me shake all over my body when played loud enough.
Riverbank is a welcome relief to all the paranoia spread throughout this album.

/Hugo :)

Attachments

• honi_soit.jpg
    honi_soit.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 255
Currently sitting beside the CD player...

...in no particular order:

Come Away With Me (Norah Jones) - the recording isn't flawless, but the songs are already classics

Hail To The Thief (Radiohead) - still growing on me, isn't up there with The Bends or OK Computer yet

Brandenburg Concertos (Christopher Hogwood/L'Oiseau-Lyre) - wonderful, a complete treat

The Trouble With Being Myself (Macy Gray) - gets me (& 2 yr old daughter) groovin' away like nuthin' else

By The Way (Red Hot Chili Peppers) - words like 'pristine' don't spring to mind, but good tunes from start to end

Cheers
IH