NOS DAC based on AD1865

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My tube I/V

Basically I used schematic from Audio Note Dac 2.1X tube I/V but I don't know its voltage.

Thanks
Rubydac

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,406
The digital board works fine now, if someone interested I can send protel files, or pdf+gerber.

The output stage is 5687 based prototype one, but with passive filter between digital board and tube section. Now I look for what inter stage trafo I need. Any recommendation is welcome.

Regards,

JG

AD1865 NON OS DAC SCHEMATIC

Now I'm very happy with this schematic 170V for plate voltage (devider by 2*6922 tubes for SRPP) and 5.1mA bias

TOP LEFT = DIGITAL MODULE
TOP RIGHT = TUBE AMP BUFFER
BOTTOM LEFT = HIGH VOLT REGULATION 160 - 210 VDC
BOTTOM RIGHT = SUB REGULATOR +/- 5 VDC

Thanks
Rubydac

Attachments

• ad1865 all boards.jpg
    ad1865 all boards.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,014
Thanks a lot, I will change the filter to your values also, but I want to try the inter stage trafo also.

I'll make some pictures at the weekend, but the analog section is really a prototype.

tenorsaxophone, I do not know how to send files with the diyaudio messaging. I do not see your email address, so I do not know how to send it. I have sent you a message, but I do not see reply.

Regards,

JG

Hi! :)

Following this thread with great interest ...

I'm playing around with different DACs, I've had 1543, 1545, AD1865 (Rockna DAC) and now 1541, an Adagio. All NOS ... Adagio is extremly good, but also a bit too Hifi to my taste, a tad too smooth simply, my favorite is still 1543 ...

I have also tried the voltage out CS 4397 with just caps, very detailed and it does swing but lacks tone (to my ears ...), more impressive sound than music ...

I have some other DACs on the way; the OPUS (Wolfson 8740) and COD (BB1794) from Twisted Pear Audio, and hopefully (when I get order confirmation) Tentlabs PCM63/(NOS) 1704.

I have PCB boards for Pass D1 output stage, and have built Rudolf Broertjes' SS I/V Gain Stage (DIYParadise Board) ... Haven't had the chance to listen to it though ... Also planning some tube stages ...

I shortcuted by mistake the Rockna 1865 so know I would like to try another NOS 1865 ... The Rockna is very good but too slow for my taste, probably PSU caps or output stage ... (but best (= most magic) soundstage up til now).

Would you share files for PCBs? :)

Johan :cool:

pcb

pcb

Important !

This is not exactly the same as what you see on the picture. In theory the 1/4W 1206 resistors are fine for the series resistor for the shunt regulator. In prectice they were very hot. I placed small through hole resistors insted on the board alread (the pcb on the picture is designed for 1206 Dm resistors). In the files I attached I have changed the pcb for through hole resistors, so it is not exactly the same.

Regards,

JG

Attachments

• compositedrawing.pdf
    38.5 KB · Views: 226
Now I'm very happy with this schematic 170V for plate voltage (devider by 2*6922 tubes for SRPP) and 5.1mA bias

TOP LEFT = DIGITAL MODULE
TOP RIGHT = TUBE AMP BUFFER
BOTTOM LEFT = HIGH VOLT REGULATION 160 - 210 VDC
BOTTOM RIGHT = SUB REGULATOR +/- 5 VDC

Thanks
Rubydac

Hi Rubydac,
would you like to share (bigger file) of sub regulator section? i build the same reg, led as vref and opamp, i would like to try cap filter on feedback resistor.
regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.