No NFB line amp (GainWire mk2)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
70mW make the temperature of the transistor increase 14°c above ambient temperature. And the rest you already know ... the Vbe decrease the power increase and so on , this forms a positive feedback mechanism. You need to add emitter resistor or similar measure , to degrade this thermal loop.

No, Sergio, not you at all.....

However, this is not a witch hunt, I am simply highlighting the behaviour and since this is a very good design (in my view!) I think we should say that. Most of the comments are fine points, I'm confident the sound quality would be exceptional, just like Damir's power amplifier.......

70mW make the temperature of the transistor increase 14°c above ambient temperature. And the rest you already know ... the Vbe decrease the power increase and so on , this forms a positive feedback mechanism. You need to add emitter resistor or similar measure , to degrade this thermal loop.

If I connect thermaly Q13/Q15 and Q147Q16 thermal drift is completely compensated. Maybe better to rearrange the PCB, as emitter resistors increase distortion.

I agree this is a great design, very similar and sure inspired by sergios designs. I like it a lot.

Michael you are one of the few people that have see my préamp design, so, for sure Damir was not inspired by me :).

if someone besides Damir deserves credits is Keantoken that have intruduce this type of mirror based on the baxandall pair. And as I see it, the heart of this circuit is real the mirror that is very linear.

Michael you are one of the few people that have see my préamp design, so, for sure Damir was not inspired by me :).

if someone besides Damir deserves credits is Keantoken that have intruduce this type of mirror based on the baxandall pair. And as I see it, the heart of this circuit is real the mirror that is very linear.

Yes Keantoken is the one to helped me a lot and I said that in my first current conveyor thread.

:) ok. Michael, we have to finish the riaa amplifier, I manage to get a turntable, but with a MM head. Need to do some modifications to the amplifier circuit to accept both types of heads , as I can not invest in a decent MC head right now. It has been a wile the last time I use a vinyl disk in my home, so I am curious to try it again after all this year's. Send me a mail when you can.

:) ok. Michael, we have to finish the riaa amplifier, I manage to get a turntable, but with a MM head. Need to do some modifications to the amplifier circuit to accept both types of heads , as I can not invest in a decent MC head right now. It has been a wile the last time I use a vinyl disk in my home, so I am curious to try it again after all this year's. Send me a mail when you can.

Could you show or open a thread for RIAA amplifier MM and MC, I have both pickups actualy two turntables.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.