Next suggested build after F5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
naah ..... that was in humoristic part of forum .... :rofl:
there is still no SM for A J

read all other SMs of any Aleph and talk is the same ; difference is subtle - few tiny jfets in input stage , instead of welding capable mosfets .

there is one file - myriad times posted by me - Aleph 30 pdf , made by Algar_emi ; almost every part is marked and commented

that small file is more informative than any Aleph SM , from many reasons - first one is that Papa didn't wrote SM for usual Greedy Boy , but for skilled tech .

Algar_emi made this file for usual Greedy Boy

Thanks. That should do.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
@anil, there is builder in Mumbai who's built both amps, the Aleph is sweeter sounding and runs hotter, the F5 has more sparkle and tingle. The weather here is perfect for the Aleph if the sound signature is to your taste. You will need big sinks, plus the Aleph has more devices IIRC.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
naah .......... :p

Attachments

• Aleph30by Algar_emi.pdf
    29.9 KB · Views: 116
  • drawnasusual.jpg
    drawnasusual.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 407
I must have missed some posts in this thread because I really expected to see some response's like; B4/B5, F6, AlephJ J, SOZ-J, BOZ-J BOSOZ-J something??? Maybe even a ZV4-J???
:confused:

Do I hear feathers rustling?
:Pawprint:

I suppose we should have asked how many amps he intends on building. If this is going to be his last amp build I am not sure I would recommend Aleph J. On the other hand if he is like me and is planning on building 7 amps or so, then I think Aleph J/30 is probably not a bad suggestion, at all.

I suppose we should have asked how many amps he intends on building. If this is going to be his last amp build I am not sure I would recommend Aleph J. On the other hand if he is like me and is planning on building 7 amps or so, then I think Aleph J/30 is probably not a bad suggestion, at all.

When I set out to make F5, I thought that this was my last amp and then I made my F5. Like Papa said somewhere, if you make one, you will end up making others as well. Again, i believe that if I make Aleph J, that would be my last amp. Don't know what happens after the build.

Thanks for all the inputs.

Cheers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.