Newbie repairing Hafler DH220 advice needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well i went through a checked everything for continuity, I checked all the transistors they were all fine I found a couple of resistors and a Zener diode that we're shorted in the circuit so i bought wired wound replacements put em in and relises out of the circuit they were fine . I replaced them anyway just to be safe. I replaced the shorted diode, I have a resister left I need to squeeze in somehow. I've been pretty busy mixing lately and i havn't got the funds to get a temporary amp or have the time to do repairs luckily I have good set of cans. I should have some free time in a week or so. I started using it in mono and it sounds really rough isolated the left channel as instructed in the manual and i'm using the right. It's like someone turned the mid down or it's out of phase on the amp weird.... I'm starting to think it's the tranny I'll have to read up on how to measure/ test a tranny.

Ok so I've been away for a while. I now realised that the tranny must be dead. It made a loud humming when in use before it broke but never really occurred to me. Also made a large clonking noise when it was turned on and off.

The only problems I don't know how to test for a broken tranny and secondly it may not be worth repairing as if I sell it after repair I will loose more money than if I sold it as parts now.

Could someone advise me of tranny testing or direct me to a web page of how to's, I get to much rubbish in a google search.

If it is the tranny that's dead it will up for grabs to anyone who's interested as all the mosfets work fine, and it means the boards should be working.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.