New version of Martin King's MathCad Worksheets is coming soon!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
.... perhaps you could ask the snake-oil cable vendors for some marketing tips. I saw one the other day selling for £1499.99UK for a 3m stereo pair that was basically 4 lengths of 18AWG pink cable from the RS cataloge ....

Hey, I just ordered a pair of those cables! For that kind of money they have to be better and improve the sound of my system.

transflex again

Hi Martin (all diy-ers there)

Sorry for not responding. I was away for some time and haven't had time for internet.

About transflex I think that it is interesting design and other readers pointed to mr. Danley's work which is probably similar and very praised. I think the transflex approach has future.

I am very glad to see that meanwhile I was out, the open baffle sheets are available. (I still have to wait nearly two weeks for those :smash: PAYPAL numbers to finaly order worksheets)

Cheers all

Bostjan Skok

Re: transflex again

e-star said:
Hi Martin (all diy-ers there)

Sorry for not responding. I was away for some time and haven't had time for internet.

About transflex I think that it is interesting design and other readers pointed to mr. Danley's work which is probably similar and very praised. I think the transflex approach has future.

I am very glad to see that meanwhile I was out, the open baffle sheets are available. (I still have to wait nearly two weeks for those :smash: PAYPAL numbers to finaly order worksheets)

Cheers all

Bostjan Skok

Hello Bostjan!

Well, I am not sure that the TRANSFLEX has any merit (the design is fifty years old, and never really went anywhere).

Tom Danley's TAPPED HORN is a horse of a different color -- it definitely merits attention.

I am hoping that someday in the future when Martin has time he will offer a worksheet that will allow us to model such a beast.

Attachments

• tappedhorn.png
    tappedhorn.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 507
Faster MathCad operation

Even though I have a fairly fast pc, the MathCad worksheet update times have not been fast enough for me. A couple of days ago I decided to create a RamDisk out of half of the ram on my pc. Just now I decided to load one of Martin's quarter wave worksheets onto the RamDisk to see if the update times would improve.

Wow! There is no comparison! Using the RamDisk they are amazingly faster!

doe Martin get paid by the word, by the page, or by International Paper or Georgia Pacific?

In the words of the six sigma QA engineer at my day job as he introduced the latest productivity reducing piece of software that all of engineering must use, "electrons are free".

I use no paper and so far I am not getting paid very much. But if I can write something that causes people to question what they already know is correct ...... I get a real big chuckle and that is the only personal benefit that I can see in this venture.

MJK said:

In the words of the six sigma QA engineer at my day job as he introduced the latest productivity reducing piece of software that all of engineering must use, "electrons are free".

I use no paper and so far I am not getting paid very much. But if I can write something that causes people to question what they already know is correct ...... I get a real big chuckle and that is the only personal benefit that I can see in this venture.

Martin:

I am mirthfully reminded of my high school physics teacher -- a grey-haired Jesuit who chain-smoked Camels -- some of the principles described in the operation of springs were related to the swaying of bridges and the physics of womens' undergarments...and you think these guys wouldn't have a sense of humor...

I am mirthfully reminded of my high school physics teacher -- a grey-haired Jesuit who chain-smoked Camels -- some of the principles described in the operation of springs were related to the swaying of bridges and the physics of womens' undergarments...and you think these guys wouldn't have a sense of humor...

When I was right out of college, I went to work for Pratt and Whitney Aircraft Group in East Hartford Ct as a rotor dynamics engineer. It was basically a large open bullpen with desks in rows and aisles between the rows. For a while, me and my buddy sat on the aisle that lead to the Structures Group's managers corner office. He had a young secretary we nicknamed boom boom for obvious reasons. When boom boom walked at a normal pace they bounced in phase, when she was in a real hurry they bounced out of phase. We would sit there laughing and saying "Check it out, out of phase! Damn I don't believe it." as she flew buy on an errand. Work as an engineer long enough you develop a sarcastic warped sense of humor, or you get promoted into management.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.