New TK2050 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all, I just stumbled upon these amps...does anybody have a "finished" (doesn't have to be pretty) picture I can look at? I just want to see what type of connections are needed after I receive the amp and power supply. Thanks. :)

See thread 462 for an owner's manual for the V2 (what became the T2). It has a photo labelling the hookups. I am sure Nick, who posted that thread and runs the retail side of hifmediy can direct you to more info about their other products.

http://steinar.eu/tk2050/v2manual.pdf

See thread 462 for an owner's manual for the V2 (what became the T2). It has a photo labelling the hookups. I am sure Nick, who posted that thread and runs the retail side of hifmediy can direct you to more info about their other products.

http://steinar.eu/tk2050/v2manual.pdf

Is there something that detailed for the T1? I recently ordered a T1 bundle and would not mind looking at a schematic.

Hifimediy can i ask you when the T4 will be ready and if you have maybe evaluated the end price for it? Now I have yours T1 and I am very satisfied with it.

Regards Aleš
I already have some T4 boards now and you can contact Nick for more detail. And thanks for your support:)
:) Is that a actuated/motorized potentiometer and a VFD display header (or maybe an IR and control panel header)?

I wonder how the sound of a sta517B-based amp differs from one with sta510A?
Hi, I made some kinds of potentiometer and some of them are ready, some of them controlled with IR, but I don't have VFD project now, may be later.
I thinks T1 through T4 are similar except power. hope you like them all:D
I vote for that!
Thanks for your vote. And the news is I just tested the switch function and it works good. So I will start T4e( an extend module or board that can be connect to T4 to accept digital inputs) soon.

Input sensitivity for full power 1.5V is the usual in hifimediy amps.
Why this value? Is it standard? WHere is it taken from?

Sorry if it is a dumb question but all we have a lot to learn.
Fernando

1.5V is determined by TC2000. And all amps have their full power sensitivity. Don't be very care about this parameter and you also can use a pot or attenuator if necessary. :)

What would cause the relays to rapidly click on and off in succession when powered on? MY T2 board now won't power up properly now that I've put it in a chassis. Everything worked fine months ago when I tested the board...

Hi, pls check what cause the relays to turn off, output DC or HMUTE problem first. Or try to find if there is bad solder on board, like sta505 IC etc.

As I said to Steinar few months ago I had (and still have, but rarely) the same problem with my T2 :
When switching everything on, the relays do click on and off and on, etc. again and again.
Sometimes just 2 or 3 times, sometimes for 10 min.
Sometimes everything's working fine for one week ...
I didn't find the reason.
Regards,

Joined 2008
Paid Member
My output terminals were poorly fastened. That seems to have been causing the issue. DC offset was fine and I was able to adjust it down to near 0 mV. Maybe tonight I'll secure everything back inside the chassis and hopefully be done...

Whew. I hope it was all just a bonehead-invoked problem. :D

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Well that was wishful thinking. The clicking has stopped altogether. Now I can't get the relays to engage. Green LED doesn't come on, and naturally I can't measure DC offset at the terminals.

Very discouraged.

More data points: one of the four output coils gets really hot, while the others are much cooler; the SMPS is putting out a steady 31.5 VDC; I can hear a very high frequency whine directly from the module; red LED is on, with no flickering.

I certainly don't have the skill to figure this out. I'll probably need someone else to take a look at it. :(

Last edited:
Well that was wishful thinking. The clicking has stopped altogether. Now I can't get the relays to engage. Green LED doesn't come on, and naturally I can't measure DC offset at the terminals.

Very discouraged.

More data points: one of the four output coils gets really hot, while the others are much cooler; the SMPS is putting out a steady 31.5 VDC; I can hear a very high frequency whine directly from the module; red LED is on, with no flickering.

I certainly don't have the skill to figure this out. I'll probably need someone else to take a look at it. :(
Sounds your relay does not engage due to amp protection.

May I suggest that you lower the SMPS to 30V (31.5 is above specs for T2), recheck the input connexions, and recheck the output terminals : no connection at all to ground/chassis here.
Also, check solder on the coils. There were reports on issues due to coils not properly soldered. Maybe damaged during transport. Check all solder ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.