New TK2050 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, new to this thread. I received a V1.1b and V2 board last week. I have now successfully implemented both of them. The V2 is in a 1.5RU case being powered by an open frame Meanwell 4.2A 24v SMPS and the V1.1b is in a 1RU case with a modded ConnexElectronic SMPS250. Both sounding great.

there is a photo of the V1.1b here:

dsc01938

col.
Nice job. By any chance, did you take a picture of the tweak of the connex smps to run it single voltage ?

unfortunately, it seems that ST does not publish as detailed information as former Tripath did or NS does.
Hifimediy posted some data on his v2 board. See post #712 v2 THD measures

Hopefully he will post the same data for T3.

Thx missed that post. How come the THDs are so nice the higher voltage you use when looking at the same input voltage (signal)?

What does matching the feedback resistors to rail voltage do soundwise?

2nd that... THD measurements for the T3 :) :up:

Also update about T3 here:
space.php

Are there any other T3 images than this one? No macro shots of components, soldering etc?

For those who want to short the pot on V2 board, this picture shows were to solder the shorts, one per channel. The two red lines, upper right of pcb.

edit : If you do that, you must either remove the pot or leave the pot a full volume. Not doing so may result in shorting signal to ground and may damage your source.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Nice job. By any chance, did you take a picture of the tweak of the connex smps to run it single voltage ?

I had already bolted the SMPS back into the case before I got your request. The mod is very easy though. I used a 47K 1/2W metal film resistor, cut the legs down, shaped them and then soldered it parallel to the R30 resistor using a fine point solder iron and a head worn magnifying glass. There is a lot of space around the R30 which makes it quite easy.

col.

to Hifimidiy and Nick122147

Just received and powered a 2.1 board.
Sound good, but C24 and C30 are burned.
What is happened?
Is dangerous power on the board?

thanks

Hi, I'm sorry for that.
C24 and C30 are used on power supply rail, there is a risk of burned by a voltage surge. please use 0.1uF 50V X7R capacitors to replace with the damaged one and it will work good. Please give me message if you have further questions.:)

i performed the short but i get a loud hum when the pot is turned all the way up any suggestions

I suggest not try to turn the pot when it's jumped(or bypass), keep it at maxium position is a good idea. Otherwise you will short input to GND, which may will lead to source damaged.
I suggest remove the pot if you really don't need it. There are 6 pads for pot, leave GND pad no-connect, and then short left and right pads.

Hifimediy told me today that the input sensitivity is infact 1.5V, not 1V. And the board can take up to 2V without damage. If you need higher sensitivity (for ipod or similar input) you can change some of the resistors at the input (R3 and R5), or use a preamp.

And as we know that when 1.5V input, the amplifier will reach it maxium output, which means we don't suggest input signal larger than 1.5V.

I suggest not try to turn the pot when it's jumped(or bypass), keep it at maxium position is a good idea. Otherwise you will short input to GND, which may will lead to source damaged.
I suggest remove the pot if you really don't need it. There are 6 pads for pot, leave GND pad no-connect, and then short left and right pads.
I have asked a moderator to edit my post #810 to clarify.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.