NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For Sale : Lumenlab S15 Full Kit (Ready to use) for an HD projector

A very sparingly used (hardly 25hrs max) LumenLab S15 full kit along with the LCD panel with controller and Osram HID kit is for sale. The kit is in Bangalore.

It is kept in the original packing as I got another PJ. Its in a READY TO ASSEMBLE condition as I had assembled it for checking (even the panel is in stripped condition with protective tape for the FFC cables, you can directly use it). Make the box and fix the kit as per the instructions and you are ready to go...

Shipping charge will be extra if it is very high.

- Lumen Lab S15 kit : 5000/- (Actual price is 5200/-, rounded it to 5K)

- 15" / 1280x720p native / 16:10 / fully stripped / ready to use for PJ / only used for ~20hrs : 5000/-

- 400w Osram MH bulb (used less than 20hrs, 25hrs max) + ballast : 2000/-

If anybody is looking for the full kit, the price can be 11K + shipping (Osram 400w bulb free)

Last edited:
oh ho u already ordered..anyway btw what is ur lcd??15 incher??and why lensel and opto both??at opto all are avilable.....

do not buy circuler saw as they are expensive ...if you are not a reguler diyer other than this pj..
take proffesional help.or u can buy manul hand saw..they are good enough.

At the time the fresnels of 285X285 were not available at opto.although their website shows it as In Stock, but when I put the order, the sales guy informed me that the lens was out of stock. Yesterday I have received the lenses from Optolife. The lenses looked like they are of good quality,clean & nicely packed. I got one zoom triplet which has a handle kind of thing that you can use to zoom the output.That was really nice. Apart from that I got one Condenser lens & one cold reflector, which reflects the light but absorbs the heat.

My LED is of WorldTech around 11 inches diag. Its display was really good (before I stripped it :p ). It supports the following inputs.
a) 1 USB input
b) 1 VGA input
c) 2 composite video input.
d) 1 SD card input.
e) 1 input for cable connection
f) 1 terrestial antenna input (for watching DD1 type channels.)

WRT the plyboard thing, yes I am planning to get a carpenter to do the box for me. Hand Saw won`t fit my purpose as the Ply is a thick one.I had a hard time cutting it & maintaining the straight line.

hello cvbc...its better to use better parts as our motto is to compete with branded pj results.
50w led is not powerfull enough..have u already bought it??
fresnel and triplet u have to use..page magifier and magnifying lense will anyway create images..but not decent enough....
for 15incher lcd...opto lense is good and very powerfull led is needed.otherwise bulb is good.

telling you as we dont want to experiment by spaending so much..its better to spend once a good amount but with the best possible result.:)

.thanks for your reply.as i have another idea to prepare with 7" lcd,so for this projector i will buy MH Lamp,whether i should take 250w or 400w MH lamp.i want to take 250w,is it enough for my projector,i am planing to buy a triplet.can u give me a link so that i can buy a triplet.

@abhihana
how much was the worldtech lcd..4k??
haha..same here about maintaining the straight line while wood cutting...

did not get one point..if you are using 10inch lcd..u could get all parts at pune,lensel..why u imported parts??

maybe to get adjustable focus triplet and reflector+condenser...right??
will u use mh bulb250w?
try to get osram powerball/phillips cdm-t 250w...they are very rare to find in indian market although osram/phillips india website do have them in their list.very imp
otherwise normal powerstar...u have to buy..but in that case reflector and condenser will create uneven brightness from corner to corner..
best of luck

@cvbc
for triplet u contact Mr lingaraju of optics allied bangalore OR lensel optical pune...
all they have 316mm FL triplet which accidentally is perfect for 330mm front fresnel..in a unsplit design.....for split it is not perfect.
if you or your friend live any of these places..directly buy from office..much cheaper.
contact srinishare he made 15 incher with 250w...resuts were good what I saw in pics..mine is 10 inch and 250w..perfectly okay.400w will give much heat..

Hi..
Anybody please tell me that , I had order of triplet lens to OPTOLIFE. but problem is some one becoze,i had visited WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER office to pay bill of OPTOLIFE.but the respected person sitting their told me that 'they can't send money without the name and full Address.so that they can send money on the respective NAME and FULL ADDRESS.
So kindly anybody tell me that on whose NAME and FULL ADRESS we can pay this bill.
Please,tell me the correct information.

best is online transfer via paypal........hassle free.opto do provide a paypal account detail in thier invoice...be a member in paypal..just transfer it from ur credit card/debit card/online banking.....much hassle free.being a member in paypal is as easy in gmail/yahoomail...
btw ravivira where do u live?
can u give detail ,about ur plan of pj..I may provide u much informations much easily..
only triplet u will get in india..why importing?

Last edited:
diy projector

best is online transfer via paypal........hassle free.opto do provide a paypal account detail in thier invoice...be a member in paypal..just transfer it from ur credit card/debit card/online banking.....much hassle free.being a member in paypal is as easy in gmail/yahoomail...
btw ravivira where do u live?
can u give detail ,about ur plan of pj..I may provide u much informations much easily..
only triplet u will get in india..why importing?

yesterday i purchased a 250w metal halide lamp with choke these both i got for Rs.1100 at troop bazaar.i am using 15" lcd,i have one fresnel lens 310x310 220mm fresnel lens.a 310x310mm glass.
just i need a reflector,triplet,fresnel lens

the fresnel which i have,i will use it for keystoning purpose.

1.what is the price of reflector?
2.for metal halide i have seen that it will give 97 lumens per watt
so 250x97=24250
this would be our total light output.
3.i am using lcd with 1280x800,16:10 ratio.can this be used?
i have already opened it and connected with 50w led(5000 lumens) but it is not that much bright.
anyway i am using that 50w led for 7 inch lcd.is it enough for 7" lcd?
4.i want to prepare my own curved screen with 110" so in what dimensions i have to make.i already have pure white cotton canvas 3x3 meters.

1.dont buy reflector..not suited for big bulbs....also in india diy projector reflector are hardly avialable...dont buy it..waste of ur money..
2.yah total light output..24k lumen
3.16:10 lcd.no problem at all
4.for curved screen u have to take expert advice...I dont have any knowledge on that matter..hehe

u did not buy condenser, ignitor.only ballast..or is it an IBU??

problems---310mm fresnel wont cover 15inch widescreen lcd as it length is 340mm somewhat...u have to scale by vlc.or some crop application...not a very big problem..

FOR 330mm fresnel and triplet..u know the sources.....lensel/optics alliaed..

1.dont buy reflector..not suited for big bulbs....also in india diy projector reflector are hardly avialable...dont buy it..waste of ur money..
2.yah total light output..24k lumen
3.16:10 lcd.no problem at all
4.for curved screen u have to take expert advice...I dont have any knowledge on that matter..hehe

u did not buy condenser, ignitor.only ballast..or is it an IBU??

problems---310mm fresnel wont cover 15inch widescreen lcd as it length is 340mm somewhat...u have to scale by vlc.or some crop application...not a very big problem..

FOR 330mm fresnel and triplet..u know the sources.....lensel/optics alliaed..
my screen size is less than 310mm its nearly 295mm.

@abhihana
how much was the worldtech lcd..4k??
haha..same here about maintaining the straight line while wood cutting...

did not get one point..if you are using 10inch lcd..u could get all parts at pune,lensel..why u imported parts??

maybe to get adjustable focus triplet and reflector+condenser...right??
will u use mh bulb250w?
try to get osram powerball/phillips cdm-t 250w...they are very rare to find in indian market although osram/phillips india website do have them in their list.very imp
otherwise normal powerstar...u have to buy..but in that case reflector and condenser will create uneven brightness from corner to corner..
best of luck

@cvbc
for triplet u contact Mr lingaraju of optics allied bangalore OR lensel optical pune...
all they have 316mm FL triplet which accidentally is perfect for 330mm front fresnel..in a unsplit design.....for split it is not perfect.
if you or your friend live any of these places..directly buy from office..much cheaper.
contact srinishare he made 15 incher with 250w...resuts were good what I saw in pics..mine is 10 inch and 250w..perfectly okay.400w will give much heat..

@Prosenjit

Yes you are right, I needed the zoom triplet along with the condenser+reflector. I have received my parcel. They are of good quality.

Wrt to the bulb : Venture lighting(USA) double ended bulbs are available here in Delhi. But is very expensive. 250 wt MH is 1700 INR. So, changed my mind & bought a single ended lamp from Venture. INR 525. The ballast is from osram with built in ignitor/condenser thing. Its damn heavy.

Are you suggesting that we can`t use reflector with single ended bulb. Then how would save the wasted energy??

@abhijana...
aha u should have bought the double ended..its worth the price...anyway
in delhi I also found in some internet advertisements that osram powerball and phillips cdm-t 250w are avilable...those are best.they are also single ended...but very suitable for diy pj due to thier smaller arc size...and smaller arc to glass envelope distance....

double ended are powerstar type but not hqi-t type..they are hqi-ts type..they are also good.

normal big ones hqi-t(what I am using and u just bought) are not suitable for condenser and reflector fitting due to the bigger arc length and very big arc to glass envelope distance.without those they will give better result.in this case there is no way to retrive the energy other than custom made big dia reflector and big dia condenser accordingly.

I did not want the same mistake about big bulb is repeated so I was and am worried....so I was suggesting other bulbs always...

but do not leave it without a test.off course u should experiment the first set up with reflector and condenser.then u decide........

good luck for your pj.... .:----) dont worry much.. many builders have sucessfully made this with big bulb....big bulb will give u good results..but small or double ende will blow u away..

Last edited:
Hi abhijana , how to order from optolife and what is total cost of triplet lens.

First put an online quotation for the parts you need. This can be done from their website.After that a sales rep from optolife will contact you via email & will give you the quotation. This quotation will have two shipping modes. You can choose any of them & then you have to credit the amount to their paypal account. You can use any credit card at paypal site.If you do not have a paypal account, you can create right away. There are other methods also but I found this one to be the easiest one.

@abhijana...
aha u should have bought the double ended..its worth the price...anyway
in delhi I also found in some internet advertisements that osram powerball and phillips cdm-t 250w are avilable...those are best.they are also single ended...but very suitable for diy pj due to thier smaller arc size...and smaller arc to glass envelope distance....

Thanks Prosenjit, I have asked the vendor, they have 250 wt powerball: hqi-bt. I am planning to exchange the Venture one with this one. What you say???

double ended are powerstar type but not hqi-t type..they are hqi-ts type..they are also good.

good luck for your pj.... .:----) dont worry much.. many builders have sucessfully made this with big bulb....big bulb will give u good results..but small or double ende will blow u away..

Thanks for your wishes :)

cant find the link..........will send u pdf sheets.pls give ur e mail..
anyway remember.....powerball---compact metal halide with g12 base---name is--HCI-SOMETHING
POWERSTAR---NORMAL METAL HALIDE---SINGLE END NAME with e40 mugul base--HQI-T,HQI-BT ETC,....
DOUBLE END NAME-HQI-TS..............................

OKAY...any confusion just reply

Last edited:
cant find the link..........will send u pdf sheets.pls give ur e mail..
anyway remember.....powerball---compact metal halide with g12 base---name is--HCI-SOMETHING
POWERSTAR---NORMAL METAL HALIDE---SINGLE END NAME with e40 mugul base--HQI-T,HQI-BT ETC,....
DOUBLE END NAME-HQI-TS..............................

OKAY...any confusion just reply

Guess what, I got the Venture MH 250 wt double ended for RS 850/-. Last weekend if you recall, the dealer asked me 1700. Its just half price for the same piece. The dealer was difft this time. I guess that was imported from Venture US. This one is from Venture India Chennai plant.Never mind a cool saving of 50%.

So, apart from fans & tempered glass, I guess I have got everything. Managed to get a carpenter as well. Lets see what comes up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.