NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally got a Benq 15.6 inch viewable (16inch monitor) monitor for my projector(G610HDA).Over the weekend met Aramosfet, together we went for shopping.It was a nice experience.Bought 250W OSRAM MH and OSRAM Ballast from BV iyenger stree.Then had some discussion with Aramosfet and after that we bought threaded rods,bolts,drilling bits and some hardware tools.
I must say, Aramosfet is a nice guy to work with...very cooperative.

Now that we have a prototype, we are planning to go for the projector design...but this time systematically with all past experiences documented.

Thanks Aramosfet...thanks DIYAUDIO.

Guys,

I am from hyderabad. Looking to build a DIY . Did some research and I just finalized a 10" XGA lcd panel from a partsmanfacturer from US and a controller kit from China .

I would be starting the build as soon as i receive them and test them. I would like to hear your experiences and share ur knowledge.

Also I checked with lensel optics reg the fresnels ,they r available. But the triplets are not available. Any ideas about where we can acquire them? I found a triplet in hyd but its 3600+taxes.

I can share my mobile if someone is interested to join. my mail id is gunsreekanth@gmail.com

Thanks

Hi Bishnu,

Thanks for the reply.

How much does the triplet cost?

Can you share ur experiences reg building the projector and output image quality ? Also I'm getting a 10" xga lcd screen (from mini laptops) and a matching controller from china .. Do u have any inputs/ideas.

I would like to talk personally if u r ok.

Thanks,
Sreekanth

I found the lcd(HT10X21-311 HP TC1100 10.4" XGA LCD SCREEN) from ebay usa. Its used+refurbished.. I am getting it for 30$ + shipping(to a friend in us)

The controller(R.RT6251 LCD Controller Board Kit (support TV)) is from Hongkong (ebay.com) and it costs around 34$+ Shipping to india.

These are experimental as i'm still unsure if they are compatible and will work.. I am yet to receive those and I can give an update after I test them.

I am still in search of the triplet lenses.. Lensel optics pune says that they are not manufacturing them any more.
Let me know if you guys acquired them from anyone.. price and contact please..

Thanks,
Sreekanth.

Yup..even I heard that stripping LCD is the toughest part .. Most of the guys screwed up the lcd's while stripping..

Please share your tips and tricks..

Also , how do we identify the layers on the lcds? I think some lcd's will have different layers..

One suggestion: Till the time you are not sure about a layer, donot even think of removing it.. you might end up damaging your LCD.

Just strip the LCD and continue with your project, once it is in working condition..later on you can remove the antiglare coating.

Hi Bishnu,

Thanks for the reply.

How much does the triplet cost?

Can you share ur experiences reg building the projector and output image quality ? Also I'm getting a 10" xga lcd screen (from mini laptops) and a matching controller from china .. Do u have any inputs/ideas.

I would like to talk personally if u r ok.

Thanks,
Sreekanth

I paid 1700 for a 317mm triplet.Got it from Allied optics, mahadevpura bangalore.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.