NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Maks,
I bought this tv thinking like that. But alas! even 4:3 format pics are being pulled edge to edge! 16:9 pics are pulled even further - i.e the horizantal pics are shortened from their original size! Usually there will be a control in the menu to adjust this. This one doesn't have that. The pic is very sharp coz the panel is a JVC original and the circuit has the Hitachi stamp. Even then...!

Cool, budhi.... So U r a lensman..!!! Well, your profession is my hobby... :) do let me know if there are any photography contests... :D

As for funding my indulgences, am a worm in the IT industry. Asst. Manager for one of the IT majors. ...and unlike you, I am a full time tinkerer... ;)

Test Fired it...

Hey frens... I test fired my PJ in a loose setup. :up: Attaching a couple of pics of the first projection here. I haven't attached the LCD panel yet.

Attachments

• 100_3610.jpg
    100_3610.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,084
Hello ilango_slk,

These are the specs in the order as they are put in the light path.

[1] Light Source = Osram 150W MH lamp (two sided with ball)
[2] Rear coated (ordinary) mirror
[3] Fresnel 1 = 220mm
[4] Fresnel 2 = 330mm
[5] LCD = 7" 640x480
[6] Objective Lens = 50mm Triplets

Re: I have Benq 15" LCD for the proj

Maks0001 said:
Hey ilango_slk.... your PJ's gonna be a real bulge with that 15" LCD, beside that you might have to use a powerful light source. Try to get a smaller screen, buddy..!!!

btw, the set of lenses cost me INR. 3000/- all inclusive.

I understand that Marks, Iam disigning it to be a part of shelf of some sort, so no issues about the size. The LCD has a broken black light so I whould better use it than going for a new lcd. What was the focal length and diameter of the triplet??? Any way of contacting the pune supplier for the items???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.