New PassDIY Headphone Amp (now available)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Glad to have you on board! There should be some progress very soon, I'm supposed to get a batch of opamps to try today.

As for overpriced and lousy and the antidote thereof, the Schiit Magni 3 is, by all accounts, absolutely mindblowingly fantastic. And $99.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Update - The final configuration should be posted soon. The current PCB is fine, there will be a few tweaks to the schematic.

Documentation will contain the BOM.

The ball is rolling on getting the PCB into the diyAudio store, but this is never a fast process.

The best bit of news is the one I made with jellybean parts is fantastic sounding! Using a $0.50 ON Semi LM833 opamp and IRF 610/9610 outputs.

Thanks!

Yes, I agree.

This was always going to be a project suitable for a wide range of builders, and having a solid PCB and configuration to ensure success has been important. I think we've finally gotten there. :)

To Wayne, 6L6, and diyaudio! I look forward to building this when the final boards, BOM are available.
Looks like a donation to DIYaudio is also in order.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
This is the new board with a build using no exotic parts. It sounds absolutely wonderful! (In this example my favorite has been a $0.50 OnSemi LM833 and IRF610/9610 output mosfet.)

The official guide is in-progress. PCB will be in the diyAudio store in the not-distant future.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1653.jpeg
    IMG_1653.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 898
  • IMG_1648.jpeg
    IMG_1648.jpeg
    315.7 KB · Views: 888
  • IMG_1646.jpeg
    IMG_1646.jpeg
    329.8 KB · Views: 887
A build of mine. No CNC finish on the case yet, maybe later ...

The most dificult were the the output transistors 2SK2013/2SJ313 - matched quad (2N,2P) was bought form liubincalvin forum user.

Plays nicely, however, the default gain setting is a bit low my taste (Senheisers HD600 needs more)

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 207
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 04a.JPG
    04a.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 308
  • trany.jpg
    trany.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 311
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.