New Nelson Build dubbed the Arch Nemesis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
OTOH, 20 euros is pocket change compared to the outlay for iron, alumin(i)um and silicon carbide.

I'll be laying it out for something else. Pocket change or not. Plenty of stuff to build that the info isnt held hostage. I dont buy things I dont need, and the last thing I need is another flipping magazine laying around! then you've got to wait for the next couple of issues to catch the bloopers. Shoot, I've got boards for 3 different Pass projects that need built! Another F-5, the Bride of Zen, as well as the original Zen. :cool:

Russellc

Last edited:
Maybe if you bought/read "bookzines" such as Glass Audio, MJ, or L'Audiophile decades ago, you'd think differently.

For example, a copy of L'Audiophile cost around €9 each.
Eeeh, +20 years ago, for 130 pages, including plenty of ad pages.
Foreign subscription price per copy in the 1980s was even worse, far worse.
(you'll probably throw up if i mention the tag of more exotic, airmailed others. :clown: )

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x Volume 0 () = € 18.90
Sub-Total: € 18.90
(1x760 gr; Basic Package): € 3.50
Total: € 22.40

Delivery Address
Jacco Vermeulen

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Maybe if you bought/read "bookzines" such as Glass Audio, MJ, or L'Audiophile decades ago, you'd think differently.

For example, a copy of L'Audiophile cost around €9 each.
Eeeh, +20 years ago, for 130 pages, including plenty of ad pages.
Foreign subscription price per copy in the 1980s was even worse, far worse.
(you'll probably throw up if i mention the tag of more exotic, airmailed others. :clown: )

Products
1 x Volume 0 () = € 18.90
Sub-Total: € 18.90
(1x760 gr; Basic Package): € 3.50
Total: € 22.40

Delivery Address
Jacco Vermeulen

I suscribed to Glass audio, Speaker builder, Sound Practices etc., and still have them. Sometimes it took 3 issues to get the bloopers out. I still see the same schematics on other sites with the mistakes not fixed. On the other hand I did build "70 watts of Mcintosh power" from the 1990 glass audio, and still use it. There were only 2 issues a year. One publication I also liked was Vacuum tube Valley, or something like that. Not sure if its still around though?

Russellc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.