New Linear Audio publication!

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Yes it is Drupal based. I didn't do this myself, I'm not THAT smart!
A have an audio friend who has a webdesign company, he gave me a very reasonable price ;)

But you know how it is with IT projects: you take your best estimate and you double it. Then at the end it gets to double THAT.

But I had a strong hand in how it appears and should work and how things should hang together - I've done that in the Airforce for weapon system automation projects. So the designer had a good sparring partner :).

Jan

Yes it is Drupal based. I didn't do this myself, I'm not THAT smart!
A have an audio friend who has a webdesign company, he gave me a very reasonable price ;)

But you know how it is with IT projects: you take your best estimate and you double it. Then at the end it gets to double THAT.

But I had a strong hand in how it appears and should work and how things should hang together - I've done that in the Airforce for weapon system automation projects. So the designer had a good sparring partner :).

Jan

:)

So I visited the site to purchase Pt.2 of the Equal Opportunty articles and, after submitting payment via PayPal, couldn't download the pdf. This may be because I use a smartphone. However, I also checked my associated email inbox (the one I provided to LA, not the one associated with PayPal) and was not sent anything. Figuring this error was my own fault for not having an LA account before purchasing, I registered an account but have yet to receive a confirmation email. I apologize if this is all done manually on your end and I'm just being impatient.

Anyway, I loved issue 7 and look forward to purchasing the back issues.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
So I visited the site to purchase Pt.2 of the Equal Opportunty articles and, after submitting payment via PayPal, couldn't download the pdf. This may be because I use a smartphone. However, I also checked my associated email inbox (the one I provided to LA, not the one associated with PayPal) and was not sent anything. Figuring this error was my own fault for not having an LA account before purchasing, I registered an account but have yet to receive a confirmation email. I apologize if this is all done manually on your end and I'm just being impatient.

Anyway, I loved issue 7 and look forward to purchasing the back issues.

Benjamin, yes there are some hiccups on the new website - most people just sail through but some see what you saw.
We are working to find the cause and to fix it - probably has to do with ordering without first registering.
I will email you your article in a minute.

Jan

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Some of these issues come indeed from existing registered users that try to re-register and/or order anonymously.
We are working right now to fix it.

If you know your email and/or user name try to log in and use 'forgot password'.
if that doesn't work send me an email and i will fix it manually.

Edit: Lasse what is your registration email?

Jan

Last edited:
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
After a lot of other priorities I'm almost finished with Ian's CubeLaw amp.
Any other builders?

Jan

Attachments

• cube2.jpg
    cube2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 324
  • cube1.jpg
    cube1.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 340
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Stupid question and wrong thread, but is there any particular need for the 74HCU04 ?

(or can it be swapped out for a smaller version, me still have bunch of Toshiba 7WU04. Seeing is Building)

I don't know about that Jacco. The '74CU is an UNbuffered version meaning each section is just a pair of an N- and P-JFET. That's why he used them - conveniently packaged reasonably matched pairs.

Changes are that the 7WU04 will do as well, but not sure,
I will see if i can find out.

Edit: found the DS. These are 3 pairs versus 6 pairs for the '74's. But they are all in // anyway so that seems not a problem. But the max supply voltage may be.
I'll check with Ian.

jan

Last edited: