New input/output Selector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well I will post other threads for the 2.1 and 5.1 pre ideas, just keep in mind that the 5.1 pre is mainly for things like listening to multichannel SACD or DVDA players that have 5.1 outputs, the circuit will not have any sort of surround decoder. I wouldn't mind doing a decoder if I could find a good one that did DD, but I don't think that sort of thing is accessible to DIY.

Cheers!
Russ

It only switched the signal with common grounds. This cuts the number of relays in half. Plus, I think if you were going to have any ground loops between components becuase of an irregular ground in a particular source, you would still have a loop between that component and the amp.

I think this approach provides a common ground point for all component signal gounds in the system. I could be wrong.

Evilsizer said:

any chances it can be configured to also be a 2.1 pre as well? i know i would take a afew of these!!

I have yet to see some one design a pcb for lcd remote etc etc volume inputs all inone or a fewboards that work to make this.. I think it would be a huge seller id buy 3.

jleaman said:
I have yet to see some one design a pcb for lcd remote etc etc volume inputs all inone or a fewboards that work to make this.. I think it would be a huge seller id buy 3.

I'm actually working on something like this using a design based on the one used by this I/O selector and Russ's digital preamp. I won't be selling/making any PCBs though (I'll be making it on a few perfboards). I'll post a thread about it when I'm finished drawing the schematic and prototyping (in a loose sense of the word) the software for the microcontrollers (which should be by the weekend at the pace I'm going, next week at the latest).

Mr.Radar said:

I'm actually working on something like this using a design based on the one used by this I/O selector and Russ's digital preamp. I won't be selling/making any PCBs though (I'll be making it on a few perfboards). I'll post a thread about it when I'm finished drawing the schematic and prototyping (in a loose sense of the word) the software for the microcontrollers (which should be by the weekend at the pace I'm going, next week at the latest).

I'm not looking to make any money i just want a few. But i could also work up a board for this if i had a schematic.. I use eagle.

I am just about ready to put in an order for these PCBs and they will be available very soon. :) Keep an eye on twistedpearaudio.com site, you will also be able to puchase a full kit with all the relays/opamp/and a preprogrammed PIC. We just got a batch of very high quality silver contact relays in to go with this PCB and you will be able to get the parts in the kit much cheaper then if you sourced the parts yourself.

Meant to post earlier, had a very busy day yesterday. It is my ploicy not to release design IP until after Brian and I have had a chance to liquidate the first round of kits/PCBs since we take a large risk in designing/developing/prototyping/ and ordering parts and PCBs. That being said, I do believe in sharing the PCB design, and I will soon, just not yet. I hope eveyone understands.

Cheers!
Russ

Russ,

I have a friend whom I support with some cast-off gear (she's over 90 years old!!) and she is always having issues with source selection because she has so many inputs.

Currently she manages with my old NAD integrated and a tandy switchbox, but it's ugly and easy to get flumoxed.

Her sources are (I'll have to check if I have this correct):

CD
Tuner
Phono
Tape1 Reel to Reel
Tape2 Reel to Reel
Tape3 Cassette
Tape4 4 Track

Could I adapt this project to handle more inputs (use 2 boards?), and still keep it user friendly?

Michael

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.