• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New Group Buy for Conrad MF35-151.5 Heat Sinks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I tested an 8" section of 10.08 H.S.U.S.A. and I found that 1 ch of the F5 (62.5W) was no problem whatsoever. I think I saw 55C @ 85W. I wanted to go to 120W for a dual output F5 so I've got an 8" section with the output transistors mounted below 1/2 way. The upper 1/2 has a 4" section bolted to the back side.
:Pawprint:

Attachments

• flg F5 assy.jpg
    flg F5 assy.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 525
Yes. The problem is shipping. It costs more to ship the heatsinks than they cost to buy from Conrad.

They can make the heatsinks at a reasonable price, but I just can't get them to the US at any reasonable price. Any DIYers down under, do you know of any inexpensive shipping methods to the US?

I thought a group buy was done a year or so ago and the price seemed reasonable.

Good News - and help

I've been in contact with Conrad and I think there's a solution.

If someone can pick up the heatsinks at the port (i.e. San Francisco Port) shipping costs become reasonable. I do not have a pickup truck or van that can manage the ~300lbs package.

Are there any Bay Area folks that can assist?

If it can come to the Port of Seattle I may be able to help.

The same savings happens if the package is picked up at the port (I assume, but can easily check). Shipping drops from ~$2000 to about $600 for 50 heatsinks. The issue is you'll be receiving ~300lbs in a crate. You need to be able to handle that comfortably (three friends, forklift or small hoist). That means getting it into a truck or van at the port, and into your house or work area at the other end.

The savings is about $60 a set - real money.

If you think you can handle the materials, I can connect you with the fellow I've been dealing with.

The same savings happens if the package is picked up at the port (I assume, but can easily check). Shipping drops from ~$2000 to about $600 for 50 heatsinks. The issue is you'll be receiving ~300lbs in a crate. You need to be able to handle that comfortably (three friends, forklift or small hoist). That means getting it into a truck or van at the port, and into your house or work area at the other end.

The savings is about $60 a set - real money.

If you think you can handle the materials, I can connect you with the fellow I've been dealing with.
I'd be willing to handle the pickup and shipments, but am not really able to run the group buy. If you're able to round up some people in the Bay Area, though, then that would likely be the best option.

I could also potentially pick up at the dock, would this also mean being in charge of shipping out all of the heatsinks?

It would be nice to have the heatsinks milled down custom like cwujek did, with tapped holes on all sides for mounting, and the top being milled down to accept 1/8" plate. Would be nice to have these milled to accept 3/16" or 1/4" material for added strength.
Regardless, I should be in for up to 2 pairs.

These are really good heatsinks for a cool-running F5, mine runs at 100-105°F in a 70° room.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.