• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

How does this sound compared to the Oppo Sonica DAC or Cambridge Audio CXN? The latter is supposed to be a better streamer and the former a better DAC. I am also considering Ian's ES9038Q2M HAT. In terms of price, the RPi HATs are probably not much cheaper than the Sonica or CXN after factoring in a decent power supply, chassis etc, although the RPi wins easily in terms of flexibility?

R U now considering to push out Nirvana and Katana at the same time?

...I'd be happy to see that. :D

You should even consider to offer both products as a combo!

Nirvana has proved to be the most difficult project for us. I expect to finalize all test next week , but for mass production it will take at least 7 weeks.

So for the first batch of Katana ..no Nirvana.

Yes we will offer a bundle once Nirvana becomes available

How does this sound compared to the Oppo Sonica DAC or Cambridge Audio CXN? The latter is supposed to be a better streamer and the former a better DAC. I am also considering Ian's ES9038Q2M HAT. In terms of price, the RPi HATs are probably not much cheaper than the Sonica or CXN after factoring in a decent power supply, chassis etc, although the RPi wins easily in terms of flexibility?
I will not talk about how it sounds because I think its personal and subjective (and dependent , partially , to the rest of your system)

As I said in the previous post , I can talk about electrical noise , clocks etc. They are measured (and will be public) , THD+N is at -112 and each rail (noise) is measured and they are extremely quiet.

Ians ess9038 seems like a good design , sonica and cxn like nice boxes. Katana excels in low noise. I am repeating myself , but ALLO excels in ultra low noise designs. If you think thats important..I think you will like the sound.

On top of that add discreet opamps(usually they retails at 50$ each and we have 6 of them). And i2s master. MCLK measured (and as low as measuring floor)

Price wise, with a new RPI and casing(acrylic)+ psu , you should be less than 400$ (US pricing)...I think a bit cheaper that any of the above.

Price wise, with a new RPI and casing(acrylic)+ psu , you should be less than 400$ (US pricing)...I think a bit cheaper that any of the above.

A lot less than I thought! By the way, are there any back panel drawings available for a Galaxy chassis? I am considering replacing my current Marantz HD-AMP1 with an amp from Nord Acoustics. Will be nice to have them in a matching chassis.

Katana will ship with analog stage made using 6 Sparkos opamps. (iv stage and buffer)

Sparkos opamp are BJT vs Jfet for the rest (research the difference in SQ between them..)

I am very proud about our collaboration (Sparkos labs and Allo) and I think Katana will make people understand what real opamps sound like.

Get ready for a ride.

mmm , not sure why but I think our Katana thread has been merged.

In any case , some major breakthrough was made on our Active Noise filter used for Nirvana SMPS

Today readings on new ANF design (AP tested) show about 900nano volt from 0-20Khz bandwidth taken with a 1A load.

Attachments

• ANF B.pdf
    97.5 KB · Views: 163