• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

My kali....running on my akm board...
After 5 songs.... i have to say i m very impressed with sound quality!
1a25b609c8e2cb8b2af2c967f3247d9e.jpg

SPDIF

...achievement, *unlocked* :p

I give you one standard hifiberry digi+

* forced into hardware config mode

* set to slave mode in hardware

* kali MCLK pin29 --> digi+ MCLK pin36

All with jumpers :)

sitting & working on the the kali (using the generic ES9023 driver)

( it did take an oscilloscope to slowly figure this out, the wm8804 datasheet & pin layout. What can I say, was bored this morning )

It's playing music!

Now to see if it's worthwhile (don't now if PLL still involved, all that crap) BTW, this is one of the buggy kali192's

(signals look crappy 'cause resolution goes down on the scope the more channels you use... can't get the full 1Gig samples/sec)
channel4 is spdif, then continues on to a Dac, listening now:

PPgfpJzZTiNMSk484vS2LW210sOZ13c9yqkjp-cW8J70M8u1H0nIWfSd8Cei39utEokxDBZn4388EXhc6iqXdyzyQRDW-ximZTcqY4Ha-5IEvnrl70h_UAz9Scle4sx7wcypISNCoas31AUkEtDVov3xuREZQ5ueDkZb4md96wf5XU5dcaAaJIsf3P7vofiWxjcAOoo-058307AvO2XQXaNslHzi2Be2ALqL3tiQYSY4iYQ2Zh1yhjCtbgHQjok-YUJopA76eIjV2Y34sSbvqlYepgypl8V_FAS9fhUzudfhyAVzTnx3lAXWWZb3Q5QLs-RpUdq8AxuI0PLbUyeMcmiFwlON47RTyLYIoYHhOAepDP7wn7mhiP5QdLgY0_BtamOeIIeo3MrQpQ52qH-OsQd59-sDSzalCtbdmfW6q46lGjHI0w26xlQHpwB6u2KWZJ2qdl_H3wXKqogAnz66TTM_7RZvWATiXIVe6eIoY4nnWTT08dGZUjE8hseSAp0yL39W8quQUFieVxszdigP7ZYUSjKveZU3AIsICd-SB0srhVVOLu0VC6M0L6Qe1LwgTXASgkOtkdZKuSF1wbln_ZmXk2VKBKA5E_4svIPfsz2XBqQkmV6mmkmELhX2X87z9OZWZ5rZ1HTg8any9W9K7VjU5r3ldiw4X2dhkFX7Ig=w1440-h1080-no

Last edited:
...more re: kali <--> digi+

verrrry sensitive to the MCLK jumper, just tap it all kinds of interesting distortion-- will need to change that. No wonder Ioan added a U.FL connector for that underneath.

notice the digi+ running without its always on green LED, maybe that's set on with the driver, interesting.

that orange GPIO LED is just set on by squeezelite, just something I do

Hi,
Is there a way to control reclocker buffer length by software ?
I'll like to have the possibility to disable FIFO latency for certain usage scenario (real time network audio) and to re-enable normal buffering for normal reclocked listening.

Is it doable ? Is the reclocker board addressable via I2C or SPI from SBC ?

Thank you,
You cannot change/disable the buffer

@cdsgames
I second bismuth's request, it's impossible (without extra circuit / software hacks) to enjoy a movie or play a game with the latency present.
Also, AFAIK none of the existing reclockers have this functionality implemented, this could be your unique feature.