New Design-HEXFET Poweramp. Sonic benefits of this approach.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I've never used LatFETs though - not sure of a reliable supply at good prices ?

They are expensive compared to a vertical fet or bjt but when you consider the whole cost of a new design, PSU, case, heatsinks etc, it becomes a much smaller percentage.

I've always liked laterals, going as far back to the days of JLH's 80/90 watt design. My experience of them has been that they are forgiving in use and also extremely tough.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I think that for Canada, Arrow electronics (Mississauga) are asking US$6.04 for Renesas product - could be a deal?

Farnell/Newark no longer seem to stock ALFET brand outside the UK and Magnatec no longer have a sales website. Only Farnell/CPC in the UK seem to sell the brand, starting at UKP 3.78. ea. for similar product. The closest part in Profusion's Exicon house brand, are UKP 5.60 ea.

As I see it, price is not the difficulty but the greatly increased postal courier charges and policies are an affront. $49 US to post a lousy few TOP3 transistors across the Atlantic and into the US/Canada or even here, is just absurd.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.