• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NEW Audio amplifier kits, modules and many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
one does not need EQ.
One cannot blame the lack of EQ for loss of quality.

I have not had any EQ nor Filters in any of my systems for about 35years and the filters I had before that were set to bypass to improve the sound quality and to hear what the producer put on the recording for me.

of course it's mono.
Look at the pic you posted:-
It has
one input cap,
one voltage amp chip with it's heatsink,
one output coil for the Thiele Network,
one 3pair output stage.

OK, thanks...

Of course you are right, - no need to be so patronizing though:cool:

Still wondering if there are some ready-made holes at least on one side of the heatsink to screw it into a chassis...:spin:

Why should we go through all the trouble of EQ with this TA2022 amp and not needing any EQ with the amp he used to have (Cambridge Azur 640A).

Normally with any good amp. there is no need to EQ them :)

Cristi,

Please provide some feedback.

Thanks,
Eric
I'm not sure, but even if amp played flat or not, always will depend on listener...does he like it or not, amp is how it is, somebody likes it, some don't

Hi Cristi,
One of my friend has recently purchased a TA2022 power amp from you based on my recommendation. He finds himself not very satisfied with the mids and high, it seems has they are lacking or not present enough in the music, the bass is great but I would like to know if this is the first time you receive this comment regarding your TA2022 PCB.

Please let me know if there is some possible mods to improve this.

Thanks,
Eric

is not the first time when i receive this comment, is the second time, first i received one mail, about 2 weeks ago, from him. i didn't reply since i am engineer, not artist and i am not familiar with the following terms: "much less open - more muddled image - less extended treble and something marginally tizzy in the high"
as i mentioned before, i perform various tests on the prototypes durring development stage, and after, on every batch and on every single pcb, to make sure that all of them are according with the desired values.
regarding TA2022, i can only say that frequency response from 20Hz to 20Khz is better than 3dB, and from 45Hz to 16KHz better than 1dB. if this values are correct, then how come the trebble are missing ?
i appreciate this comment, but to be able to change something, i need real values, not feelings given by the stimuls which are extremly subjective. also he mention about the ringing, the peak amplitude is just about 1.2-1.6V
one very important aspect which it wasn't mentioned was the load impedance, and eventually the capacitance of the passive crossover capacitors, which can have a very big impact on the quality of sound. this amplifiers are pre-filter feedback, so the load dictate the linearity.

Hallo CNX,

I'm quite interested in your amp based on LME49810, but I wonder how can I put this one into a chassis, there seems to be no screw holes available or suitable points to install it. They must be located on one side, I guess...

Also, is it mono or stereo? Do I need a pair of them to build a stereo amp?

Thanks!

each module is single channel. contact me and i can make custom-made heatsinks to fit to your case or drill threaded holes.
the larger module, 500W has already threaded holes on the corners
i have few customers which bought this modules before and they are very satisfied with them. i will ask them to post some photos with their amplifiers and you can have an ideea about how to install them in the case.

Why should we go through all the trouble of EQ with this TA2022 amp and not needing any EQ with the amp he used to have (Cambridge Azur 640A).

Normally with any good amp. there is no need to EQ them :)

Cristi,

Please provide some feedback.

Thanks,
Eric

if he use to listen to a specific amplifier, then is very pssible that another one to be different than te expectations. just measure the same parameters for both amps and compare them and is very possible that you will find the answer.
have he tried with diferent speakers ?

Last edited:
Dear CNX,

This is a very long thread and I don't have the time to read it all, I have a question.

Can I make an integrated amplifier out of a TA3020 V3b by itself? With out using a separate preamp stage? Only a selector and a volume control?

What is the input impedance of the TA3020 v3b amp?

Thank you.

Hello CNX

i jut buy you TA2022 and TA3020 AMP, hope to have it very soon.

for power supply i want to use R transo like the picture , may you have this king of material

thx
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

R core transformers are very good choice for audio, if their voltage and power rating is within required voltage and power for the amplifier. you also need a good power supply comprised of rectifying diodes and capacitors.
i cannot see the attached picture, pls try to upload again.

Dear CNX,

This is a very long thread and I don't have the time to read it all, I have a question.

Can I make an integrated amplifier out of a TA3020 V3b by itself? With out using a separate preamp stage? Only a selector and a volume control?

What is the input impedance of the TA3020 v3b amp?

Thank you.

normally you don't need a preamplifier for TA3020 amp. it's input sensitivity is high enough to amplify normal level signals and the sensitivity can be changed by just changing 2 resistors, which determine the gain of the amplifier. one very usefull input interface will be a signal phase inverting preamplifier. if the phase of the input signal is inverted with 180* at one channel with respect to the other, then the amplifier performace and stability is improoved do to the pumping effect compensation. the input impedance is 50KOhms

Status
Not open for further replies.