New Aleph-X PCB group order...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ja, I am one of those people with the original Aleph X board. Been too busy building different versions of SOZ. Experimenting with choke input power supplies. I learned a lot and it will pay off when I do build an Aleph X. If changes are made to the original I will have to get that board too!

Few Questions

First, I have never built a DIY amp, but am excited that you're boards are now affordable enough that I wont be scared to try.
As I understand it, the Aleph-X is the latest and greatest version of the Aleph, with the features of the X circuit, together??? I hope this hasnt been answered already, but the huge list of posts makes it nearly impossible to find concise info. I might suggest that some FAQ master file be created. Anyway...

How many do I need to make one amp? I want to make 7 amps eventually, so I will buy enough for 8, so I can mess one up for my first one to learn from my mistakes. If they are $5 or less, put me down for enough for 8 amps, 16 boards right? $90? Sign me up.

Also, does anyone have any links to pics of a fully populated version of one of these boards so that I can see what they look like for mounting and stuff?

I would also like to see a good picture posted to see all the parts mounted on the PCB. Also a BOM with the _necessary_ parts for one version, because this options stuff i did not really understand.

Will there be any change between this order, and Rev1.0 ?

Whats will be the payment deadline?

Will there be any local distribution and money transfer from germany or europe to the US like last time? This would make money transfer more easy.

More info...

Here is the BOM and schematic for the rev1.0 board. If we do create a rev1.1 for this production run, it will be nearly identical, I anticipate it will be mainly just layout changes, and not component changes. Certainly, none of the main / expensive parts will change. So you can be confident that this info will be very close, if not exactly the same as what we will make: Aleph-X rev1.0 info (.zip file)

Photos of the rev0.9 (prototype) boards are here: Top Side Bottom Side. The rev1.0 boards are a little nicer, but same overall layout. You can see from the component silkscreen where everything goes, though I'll try and post a pic of an assembled board here soon for those who want to see it stuffed.

:att'n::att'n::att'n: Just a quick reminder: The only way to sign up to buy boards is on the wiki page! I don't want a flood of email (especially since I'll be moving later this month, and won't be able to answer, and I don't want my inbox to overflow), and if you just post to this thread, there's a good chance your post will be overlooked. So be sure to sign up using the wiki! :att'n::att'n::att'n:

Secondary to this, Aleph-X threads have a history of growing out of control and becoming too big to read :xeye:. So while I don't want to discourage posting, I think I speak for many others when I say that it would be nice if we can keep this thread concise and on-topic. If you'd like to discuss anything peripheral to this board design and group order, please try to keep your discussion in other threads, or start a new thread for it. Thanks! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.