New Aleph Mini PCB GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Schematic location

Hi All-

I had the schematic for these PCB's on the old PC but that PC has moved on..

Anyone know where I can find it again? Also the BOM that Jason used to supply the parts?

I have another PCB and parts set I want to let someone else assemble and I need this info to include it with the parts.

Thanks again,

Troy

PS, I just got my cases in for this amp and hope to start putting it together soon.

Re: Schematic location

rabstg said:
Hi All-

I had the schematic for these PCB's on the old PC but that PC has moved on..

Anyone know where I can find it again? Also the BOM that Jason used to supply the parts?

I have another PCB and parts set I want to let someone else assemble and I need this info to include it with the parts.

Thanks again,

Troy

PS, I just got my cases in for this amp and hope to start putting it together soon.

You can email me if you need any thing.

Variac said:
For some reason I'm partial to using a Variac to start up an amp instead of a lightbulb (if you have one) (Doesn't everyone? - they are great for scattering around the house for decor ;) ) you can then slowly crank up the power!

I wish i had the thread about me trying This.. you might want to think twice. Using a variac is kinda usless because when you power up the mini a's / a30's there is rail voltage on the speaker output till about 9v witch to me is usles. In any class a/b if you see any thing over 1v you have problems BUT with mini a's / Class a amps it is not this way..

fcel said:
Can people still fill up this wiki page? http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=miniALEPH+PCB+Group+Buy It's getting close to 50 quantity.

Yes, we can usethis one. It helped me lastime for sure. I'll add a colum for SMD boards. I dont know how many or if any are insterested but i'll add it just incase.

To any of you that have your name on this wikki Please make sure you go over it again if you want smd boards please change to affect the new list.

BrianGT said:
Here is an idea for a revised power supply board. I changed the capacitor footprint to allow for the larger 40mm 4 pin capacitors as well as the previous 20-35mm caps. Here is the digikey page for the Panasonic TS-HA, which have the larger footprint:
http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T051/0880.pdf

The capacitors come in larger sizes, and this should make this a more versatile setup.

For the CRC filter, I decided that multiple 3w resistors in parallel (5 per rail) would work better than a larger resistor, as done with the output resistors on the amplifier pcb. There are still pads available for wiring up a CLC filter.

I reduced the number of caps to 2 per rail, due to the option of being able to run larger capacitors.

Ventilation holes were also added below the heatsinks.

Let me know if you have any feedback. I am going to order boards soon, and am trying hard to get these boards as perfect as possible.

--
Brian

What value resistor for the parallel resistors?
SteveA

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
fcel said:
I have asked the same question before. C1 & C2 are bypass cap. One of the forum member recommend 0.1uf. Digikey part # BC2054-ND.

Sorry to dredge up an ancient post, but I've just acquired parts and pcb's for 2 x Aleph 30 monoblocks.

I'm wondering how critical the 0.1uf value is here? I have a stock of old panasonic stacked film caps in 0.47uf/63V that I though might be suitable replacements? The panasonic caps were "pooge" standards for PS bypassing back in the mid/late 90's. Should I forget the panasonics and order mkp caps instead?

I'm about to order transformers and based comments in this thread have settled on 300Va x 21VAC. Is this ok or would I be better off with 22V secondaries and/or a higher Va rating?

cheers
Paul

spzzzzkt said:

Sorry to dredge up an ancient post, but I've just acquired parts and pcb's for 2 x Aleph 30 monoblocks.

I'm wondering how critical the 0.1uf value is here? I have a stock of old panasonic stacked film caps in 0.47uf/63V that I though might be suitable replacements? The panasonic caps were "pooge" standards for PS bypassing back in the mid/late 90's. Should I forget the panasonics and order mkp caps instead?

I'm about to order transformers and based comments in this thread have settled on 300Va x 21VAC. Is this ok or would I be better off with 22V secondaries and/or a higher Va rating?

cheers
Paul

I would pick 500Va for the mono block's But 300va should be good, the reason for higher va is because it put's less load on the 300 va one and thus removes the struggle of the transformer to produce the current.. If you can afford it go higher va you won't regret it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.