Need Transport Help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I should have included this in my previous post - the new mechanism (purchased from www.dalbani.co.uk) was manufactured by Matsushita Elecrtical Industrial Co., which I think is OEM for CAL. At least it looks identical to the old one. It came in what looks to be original packaging with Matsushita label, part name "Traverse Deck".

Still no problems after a few more hours of playing :)

Acurus ACD-11 and CAL Delta

I have an Acurus ACD-11 that I love (as a transport, don't like its DAC) and it has been giving me fits lately. So I found a great deal on a used CAL Delta and that is on its way to me now. In the meantime I've tried fixing my Acurus using the old clean-the-lens-and-lube-the-rails technique with little succes. So I then get info on what mechanism to replace in my ACD-11 (the RAE0113Z) and what do you know, it's the same mechanism that the CAL Delta uses! Quite the coincidence. So I went ahead and ordered the RAE0113Z from the www.dalbani.co.uk website as I figured I can fix the ACD and if nothing else use either the ACD or the Delta as a back up to the other, depending on which I like in my system better.

For those of you who have made this repair, any additional hints/tips/tricks? Would love any advice that anyone might have.

Thanks in advacne!

CD Players/Transports using the Panasonic RAE0113Z

Here are all the units I know that use the Panasonic RAE0113Z
mechanism: (based on trolling the web)

ACURUS ACD 11
ADCOM GCD-750
California Audio Labs Delta
California Audio Labs DX-1
California Audio Labs Icon Mk II
(and thanks to jcmueller) Nohr CD-1

There are also some non-audiophile products that appear to use the same mechanism:
PANASONIC RXDT30
PANASONIC RXDT600
PANASONIC SAAK5
PANASONIC SACH32 EP-K
PANASONIC SLCH40
TECHNICS SCCH510

Hope this is useful!

G - Thanks for the information and link. I have a new mechanism on order and am going to try to replace it myself. If I run into troubles I'll give the people at Approved Audio Servive a call.

In case anyone is wondering you can still buy the RAE0113Z at http://www.dalbani.co.uk/catalogue/product_details.php?id=29687. This is the whole unit, with the laser and drive, not just the laser as most others sell. I just ordered mine last week and they shipped it out from the UK within a day or two.

Tralala - What's the problem/issue with your Delta? The drawer not working? The players skipping? Is it not reading CDs? More detail would help diagnose what parts need to be replaced.

If it's an issue with the drawer the parts I have discussed above don't include those parts (drawer mechanism/motor) - they just have the laser assembly and the motor that spins the CD.

As per the version/model, I don't know that there is a difference or not in the parts. My research didn't find anything about any such differences.

If you need to replace the laser/motor unit then it's probably best to get a new mechanism, as swapping out the mechanism from an older player would risk having issues occur with that unit sooner due to its age.

CAL DELTA

HI scott i already open and dismantle the transport , and the part you are refering to is not the same . mine is out of production, it has 4 support point instead of 3 . that why i thinking about replacing the whole unit (black plastic )by a later one , if it compatible and if it availaible ?????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.