need help with TL calculations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Martin's worksheets I have are the ones I paid for via his annual subscription fees. I will always be happy to model TLs for others and I can use them ad infinitum or until my computer copies and backup copies "die", but I wouldn't feel it would be right to actually share the worksheets.

Scottmoose said:
Yes, AFAIK, the original freeware sheets are still by definition freeware; it's only the later ones that are restricted. Depends how many people still have the originals of course...

GM said:
Well, to my way of thinking, now that none are available from him, the folks who still have the original freeware should be able to share them. For that matter, they should have always been able to, same as with any 'demo' program.

I was thinking the same thing, but didn't know if some people might still consider this underhanded, esspecially since no website I can find provides them. I guess it's somewhat safe to ask, lol. Can some one please email me the free versions of the spreadsheets?

pkitt said:
Martin's worksheets I have are the ones I paid for via his annual subscription fees. ......... but I wouldn't feel it would be right to actually share the worksheets.

I believe we're all in agreement with this, it's strictly the original freeware that predates the shareware we're referring to. Indeed, all my published sims are with the original freeware worksheets.

GM

Re: tadaa

Henkjan said:

so, here it is.

first note: turn on macros, or it won't work (it uses a VBA formula to do the interpolation in the tables).

other points: I have protected the worksheets, but no password (to prevent accidental overwriting of the formulas); there are 2 sheets: one for the calcs from the tables and another that gives an example cabinet (single fold); fields shaded yellow are input, all other are calculated (and thus protected); field names have been used for the formulas to make things easy to understand;

OK, I give up. As best I can remember, I've never been able to open any zipped files posted on these forums. Winzip displays code in Notepad and Excel 2k says it's in an unrecognizable format, so do I need a licensed copy of Winzip or...........?

TIA,

GM

Greets!

While I've expressed my opinions about this subject, they are MJK's intellectual property, so if he's unwilling to post them on his site for downloading and/or email them to you, then I'm going to honor his implied wish of others not distributing them until if/when he says otherwise.

Again, you can sim the basic un-stuffed TL, etc. designs in HornResp and the stuffed versions in AkAbak, which is a heck of a lot more than the basic TL/horn theory combined with many cobbled together proofs-of-concept cabs I made/measured with a kit built signal generator, o'scope and borrowed calibrated SLM to learn this stuff, so pardon me for not being all that sympathetic to your perceived plight.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.