Need help with the NE5543N opamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the pre amp works perfect and sound grate :)
i put it in marantz 2226
this amp has a problem that I did not succeed yet to over come .
right chanel is stornger than left chanel about a 20%
( i tested voltage with 1khz MP3 )

the pre amp is perfect both chanel identical
so the problem is with the main amp
I checked allmost all resistors in the main amp and they ok
i replaced the the two difrential transistors with new ( q701-4 )

do you guys have any idea what the problem should be ?
thank allot

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 114
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
That's good, pleased you got it working.

The gain of the power amps is determined by the feedback network. The transistors and virtually all other components won't change the gain one jot. C705, R717 and R713 are the components in the top channel but I doubt there will be anything wrong there. Usually problems like this are caused by such things as poor tracking on the volume/balance controls.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
In practice yes. Increasing it will extend the amplifiers response a little lower although other factors still limit that. 100uf may alter any switch on/off thumps as the time constant is different although if there is a relay delay in the speaker feed then that won't be apparent.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I don't know what test gear you have available so what I would do is lift the left hand end of R701 and link it with a wire to the left hand end of R702. That will feed each power amp with an identical signal. See if the problem is still apparent.

If you have a scope and generator then it's just a matter of checking levels. If not we have to prove where the problem is.

i did it and you right both chanel was allmost identical
so i remove the balance , and now the result are like this , in mili AC VOLT
left right
45 60
70 80
1.3 1.4
2.02 2.02

as you can see until 2 v right chanel is litle bit stornger and after 2 VOLT the chanel identical .
I belive its the volume fault .

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
It's common for volume controls to mistrack at very low levels. If you work the difference out as a figure in db's then it looks much better. Even the 45/60 low level result is better than 2.5db matching. The 70/80 result just over 1db mismatch.

Good channel matching in pots is a problem even today and one reason why pots such as ALPS are often used... but it comes at a price.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
You can't just "modify" it to do what you want. It's a either a total redesign or an add on circuit to go before or after the preamp. To boost just the bass and leave the mid and treble alone needs an active circuit using opamp. You can't do it by just adding a couple of parts to the existing design.

Here's another one,
Bass Booster

they are all based on the same principles.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.