Need help w/ old school HiFonics Pluto

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK...I tested both according to your web page "Basic Transistor Testing" and found that one was bad and the other was fine. I will order 2 more just so I have a spare. I started to order 3 at first so that I would have a spare and now wish that I had. Oh well. I should have the new ones here in about a week.

Once again....Thanks for the help.

Both resistors (R35 and the one next to it, R34) are within tolerance. Brown, black, brown, gold are the bands. 100ohm@5%. The resistors next to the gate pad are the ones that the trace lead to. This trace is good on both as are the resistors.

5140728400_aa7f97e989_b.jpg

Finally got to replace the IRFZ44s. Did a quick power up and the power supply still reads zero volts when the amp is attached. Also, I noticed that the FETs got hot only after a few seconds of power being applied. (this would be because I forgot to mount them on the heat sink) Measuring the pins on the FETs after power up I get

On the one closest to the corner....

Pin 1-2) - 0.0 ohm though, the reading climbs as I hold the probes to the pins
Pin 1-3) - 188.5 ohm
Pin 2-3) - 0.0 ohm though, the reading climbs as I hold the probes to the pins

And on the other one next to the one in the corner....

Pin 1-2) - 0.0 ohm though, the reading climbs as I hold the probes to the pins
Pin 1-3) - 188.5 ohm
Pin 2-3) - 0.0 ohm though, the reading climbs as I hold the probes to the pins

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.