Need help ! Pioneer GM-2200

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
With speakers connected and driving a signal into the amp, do you get any output (including pops or clicks) when you operate all of the controls through the entire range?

IF you place the black probe on the outside shield of the signal source and the red probe on the center pin of the signal source, do you read any AC voltage? Set the volume to the highest setting on the signal source.

With speakers connected and driving a signal into the amp, do you get any output (including pops or clicks) when you operate all of the controls through the entire range?

IF you place the black probe on the outside shield of the signal source and the red probe on the center pin of the signal source, do you read any AC voltage? Set the volume to the highest setting on the signal source.

so...did that. nothing, not a pop not a thing.
the cable is good.i use between the pc and may receiver at home.

btw : i`m assuming that the tranzistors are good no?after all the measuring etc.

That's a very low signal level. Try a different signal source.

ok.just turned the amp at 3/4 of vlume, and feed signal for the receivers pre-outs to the car amp.

it read 1.50 V @ 20/multimeter, lets say tops .and i blasted it with metallica songs....:D

turned the amp on, turned the volum knob and still nothing.not a crack, pop, etc.

Any suggestions?

The output transistors are likely OK. They don't appear to be getting driven.

Measure the DC voltage on all of the pins of the op-amps in the amp. Do any have more than a fraction of a volt on their output pins. Look up the datasheet for the op-amps if you don't know the pin configuration.

please explain a bit better.

op-amps = operating amps?

where exactly do I find them on the schematic?

by pin configuration you meen B C E correct? to sort out wich are wich.

p.s.

Signal driven into the amp whilst testing?should it be from the same 1.5 v source?

Measure the DC voltage on all of the pins of the op-amps in the amp. Do any have more than a fraction of a volt on their output pins. Look up the datasheet for the op-amps if you don't know the pin configuration.

I`ve meassured the 2 op-amp that are put in the schematic just before de output transistors.

One of them puts a reading out of 7.65 V (multimeter set to 20v DC), and the other shows 0~0.1 on the output pins. (nr 2 and nr 8 on the schematics, on datasheet)

p.s. question
if one is broken , can it affect the other one?shouldn`t they be independent of each other?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.