NAIM NAIT 2 DIY

Transformer is a heart of amplifier

505FCEF9-774F-42FD-AC8E-5D40277F880D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
My board is derived from the classic NAC72 circuits but with split and dual supplies - so it becomes essentially a 552 (non-DR) that is essentially a 52 with split / dual rails... So yes, it has the classic Naim sound.

I know the original Naim sound because I owned many of them (up to 500 series level)...
Good day
Your diy the NAC72 some like this one ?

P.s
“..You have the Naim?
… yes!!
..What model ?
…paper fu..ing..”

C5E7CA8A-871B-47AB-93B3-923C4BD72298.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm perfectly aware of that but I have an ailing NAC112 preamp board with all the CPU controlled functions and CMOS switches and I may not be able to fix it.
For what Naim USA charges for service I could buy two of those preamps from Ebay but I don't need another box. Since the pre is shot and
also it doesn't have typical Naim sound the easiest way would be to save the switching ability and remote control and fit another board hopefully a better one because it's was the cheapest Naim and purposely handicapped to fit their product hierarchy
I have a NAC112 that fell into the water. I bought it like this. I didn't throw it into the water. Cleaning and repairing was difficult, so I redraw the PCB from scratch, referring to the NAC82's PCB. Looks good. Most parts are from the original NAC112. Controller using the original NC112.
NAC112.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
I have a NAC112 that fell into the water. I bought it like this. I didn't throw it into the water. Cleaning and repairing was difficult, so I redraw the PCB from scratch, referring to the NAC82's PCB. Looks good. Most parts are from the original NAC112. Controller using the original NC112.
View attachment 1299931
Good day
Dear Zincho
Great Work!!!!
I think this design is better than 112

Good day
Dear Zincho
Great Work!!!!
I think this design is better than 112
Oh, thank you for your confirmation. Maybe better than the original NAC112. To keep the original appearance intact, I made as few changes as possible. Perhaps it would be better to use multiple power supplies. Originally I used 4 resisters in place of the 10K balanced potential, but this introduced interference, so I gave up. I don't know if it's the right thing to drop the balance pot?

The original NAC112 core section used a+15V power supply with the input buffer stage with a DC servo circuit. The volume section uses a network of many transistors and MOS switching chips, and I'm sorry to be less professional. Regardless, NAC112 is a special presence in the NAIM preamp. Don't understand what their design intentions are.