NAIM NAIT 2 DIY

What about me
I make the NACs preamp by myself and not need chin boards for me
But if you want the Naim NAC preamp
the best way is buy original Naim old preamp 32/42/42.5 on eBay or chanuck

Ps the chin diyers is not have the original parts and specifics and his sound is not tru Naim sound

Last edited:
My board is derived from the classic NAC72 circuits but with split and dual supplies - so it becomes essentially a 552 (non-DR) that is essentially a 52 with split / dual rails... So yes, it has the classic Naim sound.

I know the original Naim sound because I owned many of them (up to 500 series level)...

My " experimental " bedroom stac. Looks little bit cleaner now but not by much Nait3/ Nat03/ CDX

20230721_212456.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Why you need China boards ?
You have the original Naim …

diy Naim boards and amps is my hobby after main work

and when I buying China boards from Ali in the past all of them is not have good sound

After that I connecting China boards in to my Naim NAP110 + NAC42 system and sound very poor.. I buying another and another diyers boards from Ali and sound is poor again … After that I not buy of any clones ..

Ps. the Naim technology is not simple
You watching a schematic and say “wow I make it for low money …” but after building you have a working amplifier but sound is Not Naim … Many people’s talks about his clones and diy projects but all needs listen yours ears with original and compare

Last edited:
Why you need China boards ?
You have the original Naim …

diy Naim boards and amps is my hobby after main work

and when I buying China boards from Ali in the past all of them is not have good sound

After that I connecting China boards in to my Naim NAP110 + NAC42 system and sound very poor.. I buying another and another diyers boards from Ali and sound is poor again … After that I not buy of any clones ..

Ps. the Naim technology is not simple
You watching a schematic and say “wow I make it for low money …” but after building you have a working amplifier but sound is Not Naim … Many people’s talks about his clones and diy projects but all needs listen yours ears with original and compare
I'm perfectly aware of that but I have an ailing NAC112 preamp board with all the CPU controlled functions and CMOS switches and I may not be able to fix it.
For what Naim USA charges for service I could buy two of those preamps from Ebay but I don't need another box. Since the pre is shot and
also it doesn't have typical Naim sound the easiest way would be to save the switching ability and remote control and fit another board hopefully a better one because it's was the cheapest Naim and purposely handicapped to fit their product hierarchy

Thanks a lot :)

I use the custom made toroidal transformers
His makes for my specification
in small business company in Tver city.

I searching a good enough transformers of many years and find.

It’s not simple device :)
I talk with supplier and he explain me about 3 hours how transformers works in physically aspects…
Every transformer big or small made about 3 days.
Specific iron steel of core
Wires
And other and other process ..

Last edited: