My_Ref Fremen Edition - Beta build/Fine tuning

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Transformed. Check it out and I'll throw the switch.

20120327_195453.jpg 20120327_195511.jpg

The DD links aren't working from here.

Transformed. Check it out and I'll throw the switch.

If the wire that seems black is a dark grey it seems quite correct, you should reverse connections.

Yellow to AC1 and red to NAC1
Grey to AC2 and blue to NAC2

ACn are the connections near the border, NACn are the ones near the smothing caps

The DD links aren't working from here.

It's the whole DD site that is down in this moment, you can see pictures on my RevC tutorial.

Attachments

• IMG195.jpg
    IMG195.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
how did you determine that?
the light bulb tells you when it is excess current wrong. The secondary voltages tell you when when it is otherwise right or wrong.

That's the beauty of the bulb tester.
You can act like a complete idiot swapping around the primary and secondary tappings and nothing blows up.

But sort the PSU before you attach a circuit.
And there is the problem.
How do you separate the circuit from the PSU when the designer integrates it all on one PCB without any breakable links or fuses.

Last edited:
Thanks Andrew. I think we made it through O.K. Getting 3.2mv and 2.8mv for DC offsets. I'll be testing for sound in about an hour when the other transformer is setup.

Feeling like an idiot is an apt description of how many of us feel along these paths at times. Thankfully all the members here help clear away the clouds.;)

Ludwig is in da House

Dario, these amps sound gorgeous!

Even on these mini speakers and without all the upgrade components, I can tell this is going to be one beautiful sounding amp .

Thank you so much for all your effort and your perseverance. The build went smoother than I anticipated and even these beta PCBs are of a quality not often seen. Your support with the build has been supper.

I'll hook up to big speakers after a little safety burn-in.

To all those who are interested -- jump in, it's going to be a fun ride!!

Attachments

• 20120328_151329.jpg
    20120328_151329.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 340
  • 20120328_151313.jpg
    20120328_151313.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 349
  • 20120328_151302.jpg
    20120328_151302.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 339
  • 20120328_151244.jpg
    20120328_151244.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 342
  • 20120328_151230.jpg
    20120328_151230.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 354
  • 20120328_151348.jpg
    20120328_151348.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Dario, these amps sound gorgeous!

Even on these mini speakers and without all the upgrade components, I can tell this is going to be one beautiful sounding amp .

:)

Thank you so much for all your effort and your perseverance. The build went smoother than I anticipated and even these beta PCBs are of a quality not often seen. Your support with the build has been supper.

You're welcome :)

I'll hook up to big speakers after a little safety burn-in.

I'll wait for a more in depth report on your impressions and opinions :)

Dario has been on a mission and the development path is very impressive. I think he eats electrons as vitamins ;)

Sadly it's not so... I'm a sorcerer's apprentice... :D

But highly motivated and passionate ;)

Last edited:
O.K. Merlin, You probably found some hidden secrets while reading all those DUNE books. :witch::bigeyes:

Something interesting - standing about four feet in front of those little speakers as placed in the picture above, there is at least a six foot wide stage with real depth and absolute clarity. Can't wait to hear the full setup.

TAKE A BIG BOW ! Great design.

O.K. Merlin, You probably found some hidden secrets while reading all those DUNE books. :witch::bigeyes:

Maybe... :clown:

Along a ton of white papers on PCB design and some help on PS from forumers (DIY Audio and CostruireHiFi) ;)

Something interesting - standing about four feet in front of those little speakers as placed in the picture above, there is at least a six foot wide stage with real depth and absolute clarity. Can't wait to hear the full setup.

You'll be surprised, and prepare to be amazed when you'll start to mount better quality parts... :D

TAKE A BIG BOW ! Great design.

Thanks Bob :)

Jericoh, I know you're reading...:wiz:

Can I ask you to simulate the PS without the 100uF caps?

Without them it sounds absolutely wonderful but I can't say for sure how much is stable...

Thanks in advance ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.