My Take on Threshold NS10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oh well, It is hard for me to put this circuit based on those threads. They contain a lot of info about history and qualities of NS10.I think, there is another member interested in orginal design. Since this thread is going away from basic circuit, would it make sense to open another thread solely referenced orginal design? Is there anyone interested in orginal NS10?
Thanks

Oh well, It is hard for me to put this circuit based on those threads. They contain a lot of info about history and qualities of NS10.I think, there is another member interested in orginal design. Since this thread is going away from basic circuit, would it make sense to open another thread solely referenced orginal design? Is there anyone interested in orginal NS10?
Thanks

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
:xeye:

good enough?

Attachments

• ns10val.jpg
    ns10val.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 635
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
TB said:
Since this thread is going away from basic circuit, would it make sense to open another thread solely referenced orginal design? Is there anyone interested in orginal NS10?
Thanks

in thjat case we need somebody to look in original NS10 and see what original values of resistor s,supply voltage etc are......

this thread(s) is (are) in fact about NS10 approximation,tnx primary to Master and work of few talented and fast mates ;)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
TB said:
Hello Choky,
I hope someone will help us with orginal design of NS10. It would be great to preserve this preamp for DIY community. Maybe Mr. Pass will find a moment to share with us details of NS10 design....

Nelson doesn't have values; schematics is his,from memory ;)

re-read threads,and in this thread you'll find schematic which,I believe ,we all tried........ seems that steen is best person to ask something (hehehe........)

just jokin'-feel free to ask ,and somebody will answer what you need....

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
I did:)
Choky, how is your "Chokyclone" coming along? Are you in the process of making a stereo version? Boy, you guys work soo slowly:D :D
Good work on that schematic, Choky.

Steen:)

status quo;
I'm more than usuall occupied with babysitting and repairing stuff for money....hehe- all day and all night job......

certainly-these few years are most interesting in my life,even if I don't have zilch of time for audio gadgets....my little Isidora is like AC current-fast and always in at least two places in same time....

besides that,after some stage in prototyping,biggest part of work I do in back part of my scull,and when that part is finnished,all I have to do is just to make what I dreamed........

same will be with NS10-when I find enough time to "pull that box from cellar,and to make few holes in it......." ChokyClone will be finished.........

in a meantime ,I have plenty of baztardz to play my mysic.....

one important thing to do is still to compare tl431 shunt part with darlington shunt part .....in CCS+shunt reg

I just didn't have time to purchase few 431s ..... hollydays etc

Hi,

great job done guys :)

Hmm - I do have BoZ and AL allready - but now I'm very very tempted to make NS10 :))

Just to clear some things:
PCB Steen had sucesfully used is the one in 2 pdf files in post#86 and"87 and in post#78
and the schematic used is the one in post#126

Correct?

In which combinations did you allready listen to it?

I intend to try it out with OPA541 based GC (gain 10), Zen v4, MiniA ... And later (if ever finished :( ) also with A30 and A5 ...

Hi Stabist. The NS10 is a nice little preamp indeed. I am sure you will be happy with the sound of it, so go ahead and make one:)
Its cheap enough to make with the low component count.
You found the correct PDF's and schematic allright.
I have had mine connected to my F2 clone, The ZenV4, OPA549 chipamp and my Zapsolute. It sounds good with all of them:)
I am using mine now in my working room with the OPA549.
The OPA never sounded better.....
Good luck

Steen:)

Which would be the difference of using a CCS? Will it lower the output impedance?

After reading a thread of a member which did most all Pass preamps and finally decided that the Aleph P 1.0 was the best sounding one I question myself if really the CCS will bring any benefit.

Of course ears will be the final judge and will of course depend on the amplifier connected too.:)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
apassgear said:
Which would be the difference of using a CCS? Will it lower the output impedance?

After reading a thread of a member which did most all Pass preamps and finally decided that the Aleph P 1.0 was the best sounding one I question myself if really the CCS will bring any benefit.

Of course ears will be the final judge and will of course depend on the amplifier connected too.:)

;) as always-there is place (urge,need etc) for trying new and various things......

but-in this case one English phrase come to my mind,even if I don't know exact spelling : "diminishing returns......." ,if I catched right meaning......
anyway-I salute idea,and even moreI salute testing

I'll just wait to hear results
:clown:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.