My Sachiko Build Process

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Very interesting watching this thread, especially since I will be conductiong some critical listening to my 99% completed Sachiko tomorrow evening, prior to finally sealing the cabs. I myself have a little damping in the compression chamber, and I have forgone connectors altogether, preferring instead to solder the speaker cable directly to the driver. I certainly believe they are by far the finest speaker I have ever owned, and by a country mile. My thanks again to Dave and Scott for their help and patience.

I will post a pic hopefully tomorrow.

Steve.

As promised...

The clamps hold the sides on until I am satisfied I with the damping inside the cabinets. I have a large tub of dark oak paint on wax stuff with which to finish them though I am stil undecided.

They are not perfect, the joins are not as perfect as I would have liked, though this is down to some of the cuts not being as accurate as I would kave liked.

As for the sound, well I am very, very pleased! they sound fab, and certainly are the best I have had at home. The only problem is that now poor recordings become dire recordings, and very well recorded stuff is infectious.

Thanks again to Scott and Dave for all of their help.

Steve.

CIMG3006.jpg

No worries! I will bring the playstation as well so you can have a listen to that while were at it. Its still not got the linear supply but is still the best sub £20 CD player I know of!
I tried the email function on the forum but it says you have it switched off. I'm at jilland-johnATtiscali.co.uk But with the AT replaced obviously.

Hello
Scott, if you find yourself on the east coast of Australia give me a call!
I have inserted 150g of wadding into the compression chambers- further improvement, more coherent ( if thats possible). I am finding such pleasure in listening to my music on these, it really is very hard to say how good they are without resorting to hyperbole. Also Sprach Zarathustra-Well yes, simply left speechless! I will in time try lifting off the floor, but am so happy with the way things are at the moment, it may be a while.

thanks

Very nice to meet you John, and thanks for bringing the playstation, very surprising to hear just how good it was, a real eyeopener.

I will take you up on your offer as soon as I can, would love to hear the CSS and the chip amp also.

I hope you enjoyed your visit, now you know where I am you can call up anytime.

Steve.

i will be uploadign some photos within a few days. unfortunatly my building time is being cut into with work and some other things. I have the steps in and its all wired, just waiting for some drivers. I have not attached the sides just yet. I will probably just put my AN 8's in just to hear how they sound. i will post some photos soon.. and another project is in the works....

I will be starting construction of the sachiko tomorrow and would like to find out if there are any tips on damping the internals of the cabinet or the horn path way.

Also the horn path ways are all 90 degrees angle
would it help if i place some of cuts at the corner so that it becomes a 45 degree angle. This of cuts are cut into a triangle and place along the corners of each horn path

Any tips would be great

Well, from what everyone else has said.. there is no damping that needs to be done.. other than a little in the first chamber. I dont know about cutting the corners at 45 deg... that might be more work than its worth.. Scott... Any thoughts? I should be putting drivers in this weekend.. FINALLY!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.